Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

So this is a really good Yankees insider doing a youtube update.  Doesn't have a ton of information, but the first few minutes are about Manny.  He also goes on to mention that Harper might have a worst reputation with his ex-teammates than Manny does.

Seems like a lot of Manny's teammates really like him.

Just now, bmags said:

One thing I think is worth mentioning re: Manny is every oriole fan I’ve known loves him. Maybe it’s a poor sample.

As a raven fan that is not true at all I know tons of O's fans who couldn't stand his antics but felt forced to defend him.

Edited by wrathofhahn

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It could be, but some of the comments say he is legit, unless of course those are fake too. 

They are.

6 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Supposedly this guy broke the Ivan Nova deal before it happened. Just passing along.. feel free to scroll on by instead of whining about it. 

He didn't.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

[John] is a troll account.

He is.

• Like 1

Peavy44 has been the real MVP of this board for the last 3 weeks. He’s 1) provided endless entertainment, 2) made everyone question things they read on Internet, 3) made posters spell check before posting, 4) increased post count of every poster, 5) increased + scores for every poster. For that Peavy44, you deserve recognition as the Soxtalk troll of the month for December (still early, but no one will catch up, seriously). and are the favorite for troll poster of the year (TPOY) honor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The full video is interesting because he talks about the importance of family and his wife feeling “safe” and then referred to the White Sox as “we”.  I don’t think he knows anything about Machado, but he knows the selling points the Sox are making. 

I also think he’s sick of hearing everyone wants to play for the Yankees. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s get this shit back on track.  How soon after his visit with the Phillies do we start hearing some smoke on who is the favorite?  My guess is the rumors heat up Friday and by Saturday we have a decent idea who he’ll be signing with.

Really after the last visit, he should be able to narrow the focus to a favorite team and work with them towards a final number and arrangement.

4 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

For that Peavy44, you deserve recognition as the Soxtalk troll of the month for December (still early, but no one will catch up, seriously). and are the favorite for troll poster of the year (TPOY) honor.

Have we forgotten about Tom Longo that quickly?

• Quin locked this topic