Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

Crawling around Pinstripe Alley and came across this analysis ranking Yankee OPS by position. It struck me as a good way to underscore FA and trade priorities. Sorry for laziness but don't have time this morning to locate the data for WS but would be obliged if someone was able to.  

2018 OPS

C 706 3rd (even with Gary’s down year!)
1B 762 6th thanks to Voit mostly
2B 741 5th (consider Gleyber all year at 788 is second! Good times next year and I think he can do even better)
3B 812 4th (andujars is 843)
SS 832 4th
LF 731 which is 9th!! (inflated even still by Stantons 850 in 150 at bats, Gardners is 688 good enough for 14th or as bad as Detroit and Baltimore!! YUCK!!!)
CF 808 3rd (again dragged down by Gardners slightly better than left 725 but still bad to Hicks 839 that would make the Yankees second without Gardner)
RF 814 4th (dragged down by the fact weirdly Stanton underperformed when playing RF and also Shane Robinson)
DH 853 2nd (Stantons 942 ops helped here)

9 hours ago, Hot FiRe said:

Does anybody remember thAt other poster who posted allll the time and had  very poor grammar like Peavy, but he wasn't annoying and was a nice dude. I forget him... Think he posts on the Blackhawks forum

LDF

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

Crawling around Pinstripe Alley and came across this analysis ranking Yankee OPS by position. It struck me as a good way to underscore FA and trade priorities. Sorry for laziness but don't have time this morning to locate the data for WS but would be obliged if someone was able to.  

2018 OPS

C 706 3rd (even with Gary’s down year!)
1B 762 6th thanks to Voit mostly
2B 741 5th (consider Gleyber all year at 788 is second! Good times next year and I think he can do even better)
3B 812 4th (andujars is 843)
SS 832 4th
LF 731 which is 9th!! (inflated even still by Stantons 850 in 150 at bats, Gardners is 688 good enough for 14th or as bad as Detroit and Baltimore!! YUCK!!!)
CF 808 3rd (again dragged down by Gardners slightly better than left 725 but still bad to Hicks 839 that would make the Yankees second without Gardner)
RF 814 4th (dragged down by the fact weirdly Stanton underperformed when playing RF and also Shane Robinson)
DH 853 2nd (Stantons 942 ops helped here)

Judge was injured a whole bunch last year. They do not need a corner OF with Stanton and Judge. Hell they brought back Gardner so they don't even need a 4OF.

The plan with Machado I would think would be to move Adujars and Voit to 1B/DH. Torres to SS.

6 hours ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

I remember the days when I posted at least 15 times a day...last 8 or so years been maybe 15 times a year.  I remember spending so much time on here.  The last decade has taken its toll on me LOL.

Is it because of how bad we've been, or did growing up just put it all in perspective? When I was 16, my emotions rode on every single game and even every single play. At younger ages, bad losses could totally evoke tears of rage. Maybe it'd be different if we'd been competing for the last ten years, but these days, when the game isn't going our way, I just change the channel to something for the kids and call it a day. I'll be a fan 'til I'm dead, but I can recognize it's just a game, at least.

Disclaimer: I was present at the loss in Arlington that started the rebuild (where we were 23-10 and blew a five run lead in the eighth). No matter what I just said, that one got to me.

7 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Is it because of how bad we've been, or did growing up just put it all in perspective? When I was 16, my emotions rode on every single game and even every single play. At younger ages, bad losses could totally evoke tears of rage. Maybe it'd be different if we'd been competing for the last ten years, but these days, when the game isn't going our way, I just change the channel to something for the kids and call it a day. I'll be a fan 'til I'm dead, but I can recognize it's just a game, at least.

Disclaimer: I was present at the loss in Arlington that started the rebuild (where we were 23-10 and blew a five run lead in the eighth). No matter what I just said, that one got to me.

Giving away my age here but, probably the way I felt when the Sox lost to the Dodgers in the 1959 World Series. I was in 7th grade and my world was devastated! Now I just move on.

Edited by Saufley

7 hours ago, The Sir said:

Well, psycho2003, an angry teenager who everyone hated because he called a popular elderly poster a pedophile because said poster was trying to arrange a meeting with a 15 y/o in PMs, turned into The Sir, an angry adult who doesn’t give a shit what anyone thinks. So there’s that.

Roman, is that you?

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Roman, is that you?

I remember those days. Wsc425 running rampant around the boards with strange threads and being an immature teenager before growing up to lurk the boards for news and updates. Wasn’t there an Aussie posting here at one point? I might be confusing him with Be Good.

On topic, when does everyone think we hear something on Harper and Machado? By NYE?

Edited by The Beast

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

I remember those days. Wsc425 running rampant around the boards with strange threads and being an immature teenager before growing up to lurk the boards for news and updates. Wasn’t there an Aussie posting here at one point? I might be confusing him with Be Good.

On topic, when does everyone think we hear something on Harper and Machado? By NYE?

I'm going to predict by NYE for Machado.

6 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Aussie is DBAH0

49 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Giving away my age here but, probably the way I felt when the Sox lost to the Dodgers in the 1959 World Series. I was in 7th grade and my world was devastated! Now I just move on.

Wow!, I was 15 then, and had a similar experience, but I'll never forget game one. I remember staying home from school, to watch the first game, with Early Wynn pitching for the Sox. That first game was the highlight of the Series for me, with the Sox winning big, shutting out the Dodgers, 11 to nothing. The sobering fact was that my mother refused to write an "excuse" note for me.

The next day, I presented my homeroom teacher with a note from my mother. In it, she explained that she couldn't make me come to school, because I simply wouldn't miss the opening game of the World Series. The teacher immediately sent me to the Principal's office. After contritely and sheepishly listening to him lecture me about how such behavior was not acceptable, and what a bad example it would be for other students, he pointed out that "it really wasn't a very good game, after all, because it was so one-sided," to which I immediately perked up and excitedly replied: "Oh no, it was great. Wynn pitched a shut out and Ted Kluszewski hit 2 homers. It was fantastic!!" He just sent me back to my homeroom, with a feigned stern look, but I could see that he really struggled to hold back a smile.

Thanks for reminding me. You must be about one year younger than I am. These young Sox fans think that they've suffered for so long. In those early days, there was never any doubt about who would win the American League Pennant. It was always a race for second place. The Yankees could have had their World Series tickets printed, before opening day. I don't know, maybe they actually did. But the Go, Go Sox surprised everyone, in '59. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

• Quin locked this topic