Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

13 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

In perhaps the absolute lamest correlation ever, this thread is like Pitch Perfect 2 when the old Bellas of the past team up with the new Bellas to take out the evil Germans to win the World A Capella Championship only this time the Germans are the Yanks and Phillies and that championship is Machado and or Harper.

I'll see myself out lol

Mentioning Pitch Perfect 2 on Soxtalk! Banable offense?

2 minutes ago, toasty said:

Hah! I might be the longest tenured member with the lowest (or near lowest) number of posts. Lurker level: master... 😂 

I see your name and all I can think of is Mortal Kombat.  I will also show myself out.....

22 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

In perhaps the absolute lamest correlation ever, this thread is like Pitch Perfect 2 when the old Bellas of the past team up with the new Bellas to take out the evil Germans to win the World A Capella Championship only this time the Germans are the Yanks and Phillies and that championship is Machado and or Harper.

I'll see myself out lol

This isn't lame, this is fantastic.  I demand every post reference one of the Pitch Perfects going forward.  Thanks.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, SoxFan562004 said:

Anyone on Machado watch in Philly?  Did he go to Gino or Pat's?  I hope they didn't borrow Gritty from the Flyers, or Sox and NYY chances diminish.

Seriously, anyone know the Philly schedule for today?

Assuming the money and years are solid, It's tough for me to see how Machado would not strongly consider signing with the Yankees. Like it or not, they are the premier MLB franchise located in the largest market. 

I give the front office and ownership credit, as I really think they are trying for Harper/Machado, but at the end of the day I'm just not sure I can see either signing with us short of a significant money difference. We still have a shot, but I think it's far less than we might expect.

Am I the only one whose emotions have been up and down during this? On Monday  felt great. Yesterday seeing him meet with the Yankees (even though I already knew he would) made me hate our chances. 90 minute meeting ? I love our chances. Oh he went to dinner with them ? I hate our chances again. Oh, Thome knows something? I love our chances. Nightengale tweets Yankee BS? Sad again. I NEED THIS TO END.

Just now, Orlando said:

Am I the only one whose emotions have been up and down during this? On Monday  felt great. Yesterday seeing him meet with the Yankees (even though I already knew he would) made me hate our chances. 90 minute meeting ? I love our chances. Oh he went to dinner with them ? I hate our chances again. Oh, Thome knows something? I love our chances. Nightengale tweets Yankee BS? Sad again. I NEED THIS TO END.

You certainly are not the only one. My recommendation is to temper expectations of a Harper/Machado signing greatly to help.

If you do not expect either to happen it makes things easier and you can remain skeptically optimistic

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

You certainly are not the only one. My recommendation is to temper expectations of a Harper/Machado signing greatly to help.

If you do not expect either to happen it makes things easier and you can remain skeptically optimistic

Honestly, it is going to be ugly if the Sox don't get either.  And frankly, they'll have no one but themselves to blame.  They didn't HAVE to make it seem so attainable.  

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

The dude that sat in Reinsdorf's office and he, JR and Frank Thomas were the only three people that ever saw Frank Thomas contract was the king of ESPN board and then Soxtalk.  I was off the board for a couple of months when I had a different job and when I got back he was gone.

Never really got the epic story of his being run out of town.

Ahh yes, ncorgbl. The greatest poster in soxtalk history. I too unfortunately missed the story of his demise, I was quite upset when I came back to the boards and found out I missed all the drama. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Yeah sorry but today won’t be a good day either hopefully we have a nice weekend.

33 minutes ago, wegner said:

Longtime lurker first on WSI and now much happier here.  I love getting all the news and not so real news from real fans.  Keep up the great work.

WSI is damn near a graveyard compared to what it once was.  Many of the OG mods and posters (that weren't banned) haven't been around in years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, supernuke said:

Ahh yes, ncorgbl. The greatest poster in soxtalk history. I too unfortunately missed the story of his demise, I was quite upset when I came back to the boards and found out I missed all the drama. 

I remember him. Seemed like a good guy for a bit, but was ultimately a mega asshole. Don't know how it all fell apart.

• Quin locked this topic