Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

5 minutes ago, SoxFan562004 said:

I'd go over.  As mentioned on thread, NYY are known commodity to him, likely least to discuss.

Very true, but for whatever reason I believe we went above and beyond to lay out our vision for the franchise.  I just don’t get the sense the Phillies will do something of that magnitude, but obviously this is just me speculating.

17 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

It's honestly tough to say. You would possibly lose one of the teams interested, but the team that misses out on Machado could be desperate to land Harper. For example, if Machado picks Philadelphia, I think the White Sox would increase their offer to Harper. They need one of them.

Also depends on where that first contract ends up from a dollars standpoint.  If the numbers aren't overwhelming, and you take one suitor off the market, that's not good for the second guy.  If the numbers are truly eye popping, different story.  Second guy might see some benefit.  

59 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I weep for society. 

Haha I'm a music lover. sang in choirs and enjoy musicals but somehow have just avoided things like Glee an the Pitch Perfect movies. I guess if it isnt JC Superstar , Phantom of the Opera, Fiddle on the Roof, West Side Story , Oklahoma, Guys and Dolls, South Pacific The King and I  or the sound of Music or even 1776 I've been on the outside looking in for a while.

But I did go see the Book of Mormon so I can tie that into Bryce Harper since he is Mormon. Also saw Hamilton which we all know is about the 2 Sox relief pitchers .

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

God I hate Chris Russo. Totally tearing down the white sox. Who wants to play for them. They are second class in the city. Does machado really want to play in a second class team. Believes Phillies would be better then sox

Chris russo is east coast guy what do you expect.

16 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

God I hate Chris Russo. Totally tearing down the white sox. Who wants to play for them. They are second class in the city. Does machado really want to play in a second class team. Believes Phillies would be better then sox

Russo is hard to take, but in this case, it's also hard to argue with him. The Sox are indeed "second class in the city". 

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic