Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

Tanks willing to trade andujar. Yup Manny to yanks. Just build up the system. Use that money into scouting and what not. Untill the sox make a name for themselves they ain't gonna attract any big name f.a. which is fine if they do what they gotta do

Everybody is getting so down right now. The Yankee media is talking the morale up because they had to sit through what we had to the last 2 days. Spinning positivity as actual facts to get people off the ledge. We are still in this thing. I truly believe that. We may not have the prestige, but money talks and we will be there in the end. Cheer up, everyone.

Are Sox fans better off (if we somehow don't sign either guy) for having once again gotten our hopes up and actually conceptualized a world in which we could believe these signings might take place....or the front office having said nothing publicly and kept it all a secret, for fear of the backlash if everything went to hell?

The problem we're likely to have NEXT off-season is the fact we're almost going to have to add at least a #2 starter on the free agent or trade market...which means they would have to focus like a laser-beam on Arenado or Rendon, with the likelihood that at least one of them won't even be available at this time next year.

As much as we say we should avoid an overpay here for a guy who might be a #5-10 talent in MLB (as opposed to A-Rod when he went to the Rangers)...isn't it going to be even more difficult not to overpay next year when there's only one really legit 3B on the market?

I guess Sox fans will survive this, we've already survived a century, after all...but Harper to the Cubs would be the ultimate gut-punch.

Edited by caulfield12

If they don't land Manny, I truly believe they move Yoan to 3rd and sign someone like Dozier.  Adding no core pieces this offseason would be pathetic by Hahn though.  As for getting the hopes up for the fans, they deserve every criticism they'll receive if they miss out on both.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Are Sox fans better off (if we somehow don't sign either guy) for having once again gotten our hopes up and actually conceptualized a world in which we could believe these signings might take place....or the front office having said nothing publicly and kept it all a secret, for fear of the backlash if everything went to hell?

The problem we're likely to have NEXT off-season is the fact we're almost going to have to add at least a #2 starter on the free agent or trade market...which means they would have to focus like a laser-beam on Arenado or Rendon, with the likelihood that at least one of them won't even be available at this time next year.

As much as we say we should avoid an overpay here for a guy who might be a #5-10 talent in MLB (as opposed to A-Rod when he went to the Rangers)...isn't it going to be even more difficult not to overpay next year when there's only one really legit 3B on the market?

I guess Sox fans will survive this, we've survived a century...but Harper to the Cubs would be the ultimate gut-punch.

I just don't see it.

FB_IMG_1545354521358.jpg

FB_IMG_1545354532825.jpg

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Most articles I read are not taking the White Sox very seriously with Machado or Harper. That could be good. That could be bad .

I think it's a good thing to be honest.  With that said, you and I have talked about how this is like a college recruiting battle.  Hearing about Manny's positive body language is like hearing how a recruit looked like he was having a good time out at the bars.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think it's a good thing to be honest.  With that said, you and I have talked about how this is like a college recruiting battle.  Hearing about Manny's positive body language is like hearing how a recruit looked like he was having a good time out at the bars.

Yeah I always get a kick out of body language comments. Manny and his wife are getting their asses kissed more than any of us could imagine. How could their body language be anything but great?

39 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Everybody is getting so down right now. The Yankee media is talking the morale up because they had to sit through what we had to the last 2 days. Spinning positivity as actual facts to get people off the ledge. We are still in this thing. I truly believe that. We may not have the prestige, but money talks and we will be there in the end. Cheer up, everyone.

I know Max Wildstein has a blue check mark, but he's just another one of the Yankee fanboys to me. Rosenthal, Heyman, Morosi are all that really matter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I know Max Wildstein has a blue check mark, but he's just another one of the Yankee fanboys to me. Rosenthal, Heyman, Morosi are all that really matter

The Max stuff was from Jack Curry though, and supposedly Michael Kay was told last night that Manny wants to go to the Yankees

• Quin locked this topic