Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

I don’t have Instagram or Twitter so not sure if this is true...

https://mobile.twitter.com/UndergroundPHI/status/1075963724274511872

or if it means much if it is... I would imagine they got done with Dinner not to long ago in Philly so I find it weird the first thing Manny would do is sign on to Instagram and start following past and present Phillies players.

3 minutes ago, Frank_Thomas said:

I don’t have Instagram or Twitter so not sure if this is true...

https://mobile.twitter.com/UndergroundPHI/status/1075963724274511872

or if it means much if it is... I would imagine they got done with Dinner not to long ago in Philly so I find it weird the first thing Manny would do is sign on to Instagram and start following past and present Phillies players.

And Harper follows Delmonico and Kopech.  If true, doesn't mean much these days.

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

If Yanks offer 8/300, it’s a done deal for Yankees.  With that said, always thought Sox should over 10/350 with opt-outs at 4 and 6. They can front load deal with 40 per for first 4 years.  Saving money for the slim chance at Bryce wouldn’t be wise IMO.

I see us and the Phillies maxing out around 10/$350M with the Yankees peaking around 8/$240M.  I think your proposed opt-out structure and front loading make a ton of sense.

Just now, bschmaranz said:

Even then, if they were at the presentation, doesn't mean it clinches anything.

Suposedly it was this evening, but this guy (Manny) is going to get on Instagram after having dinner with the Phils brass and the first thing he wants to do is follow Phillies players? If it is true it would be a great ploy by his agent to get the other teams nervous and milk more money out of them. But I doubt Manny is sitting there with Yanni following Phillies players. If I agreed to a huge contract over $250 mil minimum that would be the last thing I would think of doing.

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

He follows those guys on instagram but everyone he follows is baseball related it seems. Dont think this was recent, believe instagram puts your followers in order.

Me too and if so... Tim Anderson was more recent 👀

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Me too and if so... Tim Anderson was more recent 👀

Just saw something that said it puts mutual followers at the top, so in your case since you and him both follow Anderson, he'd be at the top.  This is why Phillies fans are seeing those guys at the top.

Just now, fathom said:

Just saw something that said it puts mutual followers at the top, so in your case since you and him both follow Anderson, he'd be at the top.  This is why Phillies fans are seeing those guys at the top.

I do not follow Anderson but just checking on my own follows, it’s all just not sensical 

The dumber thing is that he’d follow a bunch of former Phillies that who knows are even part of the pitch.

13 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Yeah if they were all recent I just wouldn't be able to believe that it was just a coincidence

Agreed. If he came out of that meeting thinking he wouldn't sign there, then why go follow all of those guys on IG? Seems like a very basic sign for us.

EDIT: As far as I know, IG lists most recent followers in order from top to bottom. So if you go to Jean Segura's IG, Manny would be somewhere near the top of he just starting following him. And that doesn't appear to be the case, unless Segura gained a TON of followers tonight and I am not scrolling far enough. Why don't one of you guys follow Segura to test this out and the rest of us can check?

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

If Yanks offer 8/300, it’s a done deal for Yankees.  With that said, always thought Sox should over 10/350 with opt-outs at 4 and 6. They can front load deal with 40 per for first 4 years.  Saving money for the slim chance at Bryce wouldn’t be wise IMO.

I think your numbers here will end up far more desirable than what Machado actually signs. 

14 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

And Harper follows Delmonico and Kopech.  If true, doesn't mean much these days.

It means absolutely nothing. Harper probably follows multiple guys on plenty of teams. It seem he's not coming here. 

5 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Agreed. If he came out of that meeting thinking he wouldn't sign there, then why go follow all of those guys on IG? Seems like a very basic sign for us.

You had insight a dozen or so pages back. Have you heard anything else?

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

Makes a ton of sense. I just can’t wait for all this to be over, one way or the other. Obviously I want it to end with one of them signing with us, I don’t care which. I’m just sick of always falling short in these persuits.

We just need one player to break our way to hopefully open the dam for more this year or the years following. The disrespect and opinions National media folks have about this organization makes me sick. This organization is loyal to its alumni sometimes to a fault, almost every player that has played for our team raves about the family culture JR employs and hearing national guys disrespect us the way they have is BS. I would just love for once they are wrong and not only do we sign one of these guys but they kill it for us and become even more of stars bringing the Sox to relevancy again. 

After plenty of shortfalls I am not overly confident as we stand today, but this entire offseason has been full of highs and feeling like we got a legitimate chance and lows thinking “no way.” I just hope in the end JR broke with the status quo and tried to sell them using his checkbook for once. I guess we will see but I truly hope this ends sooner than later.

Edited by Frank_Thomas

6 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I think your numbers here will end up far more desirable than what Machado actually signs. 

It means absolutely nothing. Harper probably follows multiple guys on plenty of teams. It seem he's not coming here. 

Why does it "seem" he's not coming here? 

• Quin locked this topic