TheFutureIsNear

Update: Machado met with Sox

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'd dead serious. I would imagine if it's true about then taking the other 2 meetings only out of respect and for his agents benefit, then I would just guess he could sign as early as Friday or Saturday.

I'll take you for it, that's pretty awesome

12 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I can confirm this. My source says Manny's agent was pushing to fulfill their meetings with NY and Philly this week, out of respect for their teams and keeping a relationship for his agent, but seems like Manny was wanting to sign today.

I have never been more confident in the Sox signing either of these guys than I am now after talking with my source. Yankees and Phillies meetings could obviously change that if they slam dunk it, but I think it's happening you guys.

WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT?????????

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'd dead serious. I would imagine if it's true about then taking the other 2 meetings only out of respect and for his agents benefit, then I would just guess he could sign as early as Friday or Saturday.

I think I would pee my pants for joy.

Well chili, I sincerely hope you are telling the truth and this is someone worth paying attention to because otherwise this is very mean.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I have no idea if it's still going on or not, I didn't ask. I do know some of the spots they took him to, but I won't go in to any more detail, but it's places you would assume.

I hope they showed him Wrigley Field. Definitely a must-visit when it town. 

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Brantley just signed with Astros but agreed on the premise of the post.

Ha. That will teach me about being away from the computer all day. Stayed awy because didn't want to ride the waves of the Manny visit while it was happening.

In any case, yes, unlikely to get Harper too (Phils will probably offer the moon at that point), but bring in a solid pro of a starter and a solid pro of an outfielder to get respectable this year (with a puncher's chance of something crazy happening). But in the meantime, teach the kiddies something about what it takes to be a pro. Guys like Anderson and Moncada (and soon Eloy) have all the talent in the world. Learning to use it for the overall good of a TEAM is what's needed. No way do the Sox bring in Manny without bringing in a few more pros for the expected upswing of 19/20/21.

Damn about Brantley -- personally, I think he's highly underrated.

Edited by CyAcosta41

13 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I’m skeptical, obviously, but we do know that the Sox traded for Alonzo and the meetings for NY and Philly are 1 day visits. It’s evidence that, if a decision has been made, the Sox know it. But normally you wouldn’t let a bidder know that before visiting everyone. 

1 minute ago, G&T said:

I’m skeptical, obviously, but we do know that the Sox traded for Alonzo and the meetings for NY and Philly are 1 day visits. It’s evidence that, if a decision has been made, the Sox know it. But normally you wouldn’t let a bidder know that before visiting everyone. 

I'm still wondering if he has a meeting with someone tomorrow (Mets, Brewers, Cubs, Cardinals?)

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm still wondering if he has a meeting with someone tomorrow (Mets, Brewers, Cubs, Cardinals?)

Someone mentioned he is here until Wednesday. I suppose you could make a quick trip up to Milwaukee, but I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, G&T said:

I still don't like the idea of a guy going for two more visits even if he says he'll sign with us. Way too much can happen. 

Just now, Saufley said:

I still don't like the idea of a guy going for two more visits even if he says he'll sign with us. Way too much can happen. 

Yeah its not guaranteed until he signs.

Just now, Saufley said:

It goes back again to a college recruiting visit....each visit is amazing and each team thinks they'll get him.  I can't wait for the term "silent commit" to be used this week.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

If three teams are public, how would one other manage to keep a secret that well? 

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Yeah its not guaranteed until he signs.

And even if all this is true, I still think we have a better chance at Harper