TheFutureIsNear

Update: Machado met with Sox

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

True, but being the 1st team to meet with him, and have him in the city for 3 days gives is a chance for him to daydream about playing for us and for our guys to reach out him and show him a good time.

Is it actually confirmed he is here until Wednesday? Why would he be here that long?

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It is the professional thing to do though, especially for the agent and his future clients. Gotta be patient and hope for the best.

I don't blame him for hearing the other offers, but not for the agent's benefit.  The agent works for Manny.

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Is it actually confirmed he is here until Wednesday? Why would he be here that long?

His next meeting isn't until Wednesday in NY. So his choices were to either stay here until Wednesday, or go to NY early. He isn't going to go home to Miami for 1 day and then go to NY the next day. It's good news that he is choosing to spend his extra day here and not in NY.

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

No bias at all haha 

Dude has to go to the meetings. They can end up blowing him away even more than the Sox did.

You are right 1000 percent with the bias there

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

True, but being the 1st team to meet with him, and have him in the city for 3 days gives is a chance for him to daydream about playing for us and for our guys to reach out him and show him a good time.

I’m a recruiter for my company (on the side when I’m not staring at these rumors all day in my) and a full believer in the motto of first to contact first to contract motto but still having him leave without a deal eats at my core

1 minute ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I don't blame him for hearing the other offers, but not for the agent's benefit.  The agent works for Manny.

Well I see what hes saying. Future clients of the agent. The agent still plays a part in it otherwise they wouldn't be hired. 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

His next meeting isn't until Wednesday in NY. So his choices were to either stay here until Wednesday, or go to NY early. He isn't going to go home to Miami for 1 day and then go to NY the next day. It's good news that he is choosing to spend his extra day here and not in NY.

Is this true though or speculation that hes staying here? Isn't it possible he is going to NY early if he likes it?

19 minutes ago, Sockin said:

That twitter account is a White Sox fan that rebranded his twitter account. It's followed by a bunch of White Sox accounts, including our own Sleepy Harold.

I follow back on the Twitters lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Well I see what hes saying. Future clients of the agent. The agent still plays a part in it otherwise they wouldn't be hired. 

The agent was pushing to fulfill these other 2 meetings, but it's not JUST for the agents behalf because what if NY or Philly suddenly outbid the Sox? I am willing to guess if he was wanting to sign today, it means the Sox either met their asking price, or are the highest bidder. That can obviously change with these next 2 meetings.

Do you think if he goes to NY and Philly, and one of them offers more, he will give us a chance to top it? I would think so but I don't know how these things go down. I suppose nobody really does.

Just now, Ross Gload Fan said:

Do you think if he goes to NY and Philly, and one of them offers more, he will give us a chance to top it? I would think so but I don't know how these things go down. I suppose nobody really does.

Yeah, I have no idea how that side of it works. At some point you need final offers.

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yeah, I have no idea how that side of it works. At some point you need final offers.

Did your guy say anything about him playing 3B vs. SS?

8 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Without giving away your source, are you somehow connected to Manny? Or are you connected to the White Sox?

9 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

When will he sign? What will he sign for? What is his blood type?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Without giving away your source, are you somehow connected to Manny? Or are you connected to the White Sox?

Based on what he’s posted, his source must be on Machado’s side.

26 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

But the agent negotiates the details of the contract. Even if the player wants to sign the first one, the agent needs to hear the other deals to get the best deal from the first one.

I understand that the likelihood of anything happening tonight basically zero, yet I cannot stop refreshing.

Edited by TomPickle

If there was no chance of Manny signing with them, I am sure the Yankees and Phillies would appreciate their meetings being cancelled and their time not wasted. I am sure the presentation was well done, and Manny is getting the royal treatment, and it is probably blowing him away. But, two other teams are going to do the same thing. One, he seemingly always wanted to play with. It doesn’t seem they want to go too long with him though. I still think showing him the money, and Alonso should win out. 

Besides, leaks about how this meeting is going or went, are BS. Do you think Hahn, and Renteria, and KW, and JR are live texting?

Edited by Dick Allen