TheFutureIsNear

Update: Machado met with Sox

I haven't seen this brought but does anyone think part of the pitch to Manny was "we are going after Harper too and we think we have a good shot at him " ? If they really want to sell him on how quickly they could be competitive that might be their biggest selling point. I think I read that MM 's agent and Boras didn't get along so I don't know if that would help or hurt .I mean you have to think being the face of a franchise means nothing if you can't convince him we are going to be winners quickly.

3. Chicago White Sox
They're the other team that got the private tour of the SS Machado, and for the same reasons they'd be a great fit for Harper, they make a ton of sense for Machado. There has been much talk of the White Sox trading for Yonder Alonso, Machado's brother-in-law, being an enticement for Machado, but I don't know, you tell me: After last Thanksgiving, did you think, "Hey, I'd like to spend all year with those people?" Machado could be the veteran presence for all those young White Sox hitters -- which is a positive or a negative, depending on your perspective -- and they could essentially grow up around him as their centerpiece. The White Sox might not be as high profile as Machado might like, but they were more than good enough for Michael freaking Jordan, for crying out loud. The White Sox are the most fascinating team to be in on both Machado and Harper, and with all that talent in the system, they could be primed to dominate that division for the next five years … with or without Machado

https://www.mlb.com/news/ranking-manny-machados-best-suitors/c-301982248

Has NYY and Philly ahead of Sox, of course...

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

3. Chicago White Sox
They're the other team that got the private tour of the SS Machado, and for the same reasons they'd be a great fit for Harper, they make a ton of sense for Machado. There has been much talk of the White Sox trading for Yonder Alonso, Machado's brother-in-law, being an enticement for Machado, but I don't know, you tell me: After last Thanksgiving, did you think, "Hey, I'd like to spend all year with those people?" Machado could be the veteran presence for all those young White Sox hitters -- which is a positive or a negative, depending on your perspective -- and they could essentially grow up around him as their centerpiece. The White Sox might not be as high profile as Machado might like, but they were more than good enough for Michael freaking Jordan, for crying out loud. The White Sox are the most fascinating team to be in on both Machado and Harper, and with all that talent in the system, they could be primed to dominate that division for the next five years … with or without Machado

https://www.mlb.com/news/ranking-manny-machados-best-suitors/c-301982248

Has NYY and Philly ahead of Sox, of course...

I don’t get the constant Michael Jordan references. Do people not realize the Sox and Bulls are owned by the same person? Plus he never played in the MLB... seems irrelevant to all this. 

7 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I don’t get the constant Michael Jordan references. Do people not realize the Sox and Bulls are owned by the same person? Plus he never played in the MLB... seems irrelevant to all this. 

Not to mention.....he wasn’t very good at baseball 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Its more about how a superstar can flourish in Chicago than the actual athlete on a team.

So do we think that Manny is a lock for the Yankees and his agent is using these meetings for leverage, or is there a legit chance that he could sign with the Sox/Phillies?