Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

3 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Great, the fact they have their own t.v. show dedicated to his visit makes a pretty compelling case for the Yankees, if the financials are even close to being in the same neighborhood.   Hard to resist being part of that Red Sox/Yankees rivalry that seemingly always results in 4 1/2 hour broadcasts, right?

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Great, the fact they have their own t.v. show dedicated to his visit makes a pretty compelling case for the Yankees, if the financials are even close to being in the same neighborhood.   Hard to resist being part of that Red Sox/Yankees rivalry that seemingly always results in 4 1/2 hour broadcasts, right?

It's his boyhood favorite team who has has expressed an interest to play for. He was always going g to sign with the yankmees if the money was close.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Hopefully, but it sounds like he has a ton of confidence that they'll get it done

What's he supposed to say/think? They have dominated the baseball world and have bought many players to fill holes in their lineup over the years. The national media bows down to them, because honestly, they've earned that. Everyone in the world thinks the same 4 teams are gonna get everyone. This one has a history of loving their franchise. Kinda hard not to be positively arrogant about ones chances.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’ve said it before but I really really love this framing of Yankees getting manny just because DiDi is out for half the season.

Tho didi is also a free agent after next season tho they do want to lock him up. Really honestly need a second baseman and move torres over to ss and add more pitching then adding 300 million on one player. 

15 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Tho didi is also a free agent after next season tho they do want to lock him up. Really honestly need a second baseman and move torres over to ss and add more pitching then adding 300 million on one player. 

I'm still confused why they ever brought over Stanton.  Harper would have been such a better fit.

30 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’ve said it before but I really really love this framing of Yankees getting manny just because DiDi is out for half the season.

That's exactly why they wound up with ARoid. Aaron Boone was out for a season so they figured why not. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Calm down people we all knew this was going to happen, same stuff is going to happen tomorrow as well. Until one of the main national media break a signing everything else is just speculation, no need for the doom and gloom just yet 

So far so good IMO.  It's like getting a prospective recruit to not commit on their official visit.

• Quin locked this topic