Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Well that sucks. Maybe the 90-minute meeting didn't go as poorly as we hoped. Or maybe this was always the plan and there doesn't have to be animosity just because they may not agree on a contract.

I don't think this is anything to overanalyze, to be honest.

8 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Well that sucks. Maybe the 90-minute meeting didn't go as poorly as we hoped. Or maybe this was always the plan and there doesn't have to be animosity just because they may not agree on a contract.

Wait, aren’t you the guy with the source saying the Yankees visit was for the agent’s relationship? I mean if that’s true, doesn’t this fit that narrative? A short meeting, dinner and that’s it? 

4 minutes ago, G&T said:

Wait, aren’t you the guy with the source saying the Yankees visit was for the agent’s relationship? I mean if that’s true, doesn’t this fit that narrative? A short meeting, dinner and that’s it? 

Yeah, but I have no idea how the meeting went today. Just because he wanted to sign on Monday, doesn't mean the Yankees or Phillies can't do better or up their offers, it just means the Sox offer is obviously considerably strong if it was good enough to accept without even meeting with the other 2 teams.

• Quin locked this topic