TheFutureIsNear

Update: Machado met with Sox

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Roman, is that you?

I remember those days. Wsc425 running rampant around the boards with strange threads and being an immature teenager before growing up to lurk the boards for news and updates. Wasn’t there an Aussie posting here at one point? I might be confusing him with Be Good.

On topic, when does everyone think we hear something on Harper and Machado? By NYE?

Edited by The Beast

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

I remember those days. Wsc425 running rampant around the boards with strange threads and being an immature teenager before growing up to lurk the boards for news and updates. Wasn’t there an Aussie posting here at one point? I might be confusing him with Be Good.

On topic, when does everyone think we hear something on Harper and Machado? By NYE?

I'm going to predict by NYE for Machado.

6 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Aussie is DBAH0

49 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Giving away my age here but, probably the way I felt when the Sox lost to the Dodgers in the 1959 World Series. I was in 7th grade and my world was devastated! Now I just move on.

Wow!, I was 15 then, and had a similar experience, but I'll never forget game one. I remember staying home from school, to watch the first game, with Early Wynn pitching for the Sox. That first game was the highlight of the Series for me, with the Sox winning big, shutting out the Dodgers, 11 to nothing. The sobering fact was that my mother refused to write an "excuse" note for me.

The next day, I presented my homeroom teacher with a note from my mother. In it, she explained that she couldn't make me come to school, because I simply wouldn't miss the opening game of the World Series. The teacher immediately sent me to the Principal's office. After contritely and sheepishly listening to him lecture me about how such behavior was not acceptable, and what a bad example it would be for other students, he pointed out that "it really wasn't a very good game, after all, because it was so one-sided," to which I immediately perked up and excitedly replied: "Oh no, it was great. Wynn pitched a shut out and Ted Kluszewski hit 2 homers. It was fantastic!!" He just sent me back to my homeroom, with a feigned stern look, but I could see that he really struggled to hold back a smile.

Thanks for reminding me. You must be about one year younger than I am. These young Sox fans think that they've suffered for so long. In those early days, there was never any doubt about who would win the American League Pennant. It was always a race for second place. The Yankees could have had their World Series tickets printed, before opening day. I don't know, maybe they actually did. But the Go, Go Sox surprised everyone, in '59. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, WHarris1 said:

I’m here for the nostalgia 

5 posts in the last 4 years 😳

Who else can we call out of the darkness of lurking?!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WHarris1 said:

I’m here for the nostalgia 

Between this and positive Fathom, this thread broke Soxtalk.

And Manny ain't even signed yet.

12 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Is this the real Willie Harris, the legend?

It's the real soxtalk WHarris1, who is also a legend 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Stroman does not know anything about what is going on

I know that. I just wanted to show what garbage is out there.

Are any of the Chavez-talk threads still out there?  I remember being on here, I think at the beginning of the 05 season when I was in high school, posting like a dumbass high school kid would but living and dying on every game of that season...eventually lost the login info to that old username and created this one, but man that was that a fun time.  

22 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Looks like I posted once, 5 years ago.  Lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Haven't posted in 5 years. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Is this the real Willie Harris, the legend?

This one wore shorts to game 2 of the World Series in 05.  Pretty legendary.