Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

18 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

I'll just throw this out there:

I think the fact that Harper nor Machado seem to be in no rush to sign, points towards an increased chance that Machado was always going to the Yankees and that Cashman truly wasn't interested in Harper.

I would think neither player would want to lose a bidder (Phillies/Sox) by letting the other player sign first.  At the very least I would think there would be more talk of a deal being close if either player really was interested in Philadelphia or Chicago and actually believed the other player was as well.  

Machado planned this tour a while back. If it was always the Yankees hed have scheduled them last. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

Machado planned this tour a while back. If it was always the Yankees hed have scheduled them last. 

So, if Machado picks the Phillies or the White Sox, wouldn't that be detrimental to Harper's negotiations?  

I'm telling y'all, if both players genuinely thought only the same few teams were in-play for both of them there would be significantly more urgency in this process.  

Just now, GREEDY said:

So, if Machado picks the Phillies or the White Sox, wouldn't that be detrimental to Harper's negotiations?  

I'm telling y'all, if both players genuinely thought only the same few teams were in-play for both of them there would be significantly more urgency in this process.  

I think Machado will move with a sense of urgency.  For better or worse, Boras plays by his own rules.  Sometimes it works out for his clients, other times it does not.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

All of the threads are still there.  Heck even the Decline of Mark Buehrle and the Ronald McDonald thread, which are two of my all-time favorites.

Are you sure because it looks like they only go back to 2005. I remember a post I made after the World Series Victory that I was particularly fond of and I couldn't find it after looking through the only World Series winning threads I found ?

5 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

It's honestly tough to say. You would possibly lose one of the teams interested, but the team that misses out on Machado could be desperate to land Harper. For example, if Machado picks Philadelphia, I think the White Sox would increase their offer to Harper. They need one of them.

• Quin locked this topic