TheFutureIsNear

Update: Machado met with Sox

5 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

God I hate Chris Russo. Totally tearing down the white sox. Who wants to play for them. They are second class in the city. Does machado really want to play in a second class team. Believes Phillies would be better then sox

Chris russo is east coast guy what do you expect.

I wonder if Russo and others constantly do that to the Mets as well, discount them as being second class and worthless because they aren't the #1. Because he sure does talk about the Yankees and Mets ALL DAY LONG on his show.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

The White Sox have earned their reputation. 

Exactly. If we want to rid the stigma of being a loser franchise, we have to win, simple as that. 

If we miss out on Manny because we didn't put him face on the jumbo-tron I'll shake my fist in anger!!!!

Marcus Stroman couldn't possibly know that Machado is going to the Yankees, right? Seems far fetched that a player on a totally different team would know that before everyone else.

1 minute ago, Brian said:

If we miss out on Manny because we didn't put him face on the jumbo-tron I'll shake my fist in anger!!!!

But did we put his name on the screens at the UC?

Just now, peavy44 said:

The cubs havern't did that much 1 world series in 108 years.

And they were a loser franchise until Theo changed the culture. Now they consistently are one of the top 5 teams in baseball. 

Edited by maggsmaggs

Yeah the White Sox deserve the lack of respect right now. They stink and have for years. Rick doesn't make it happen and they are going to continue that mantra beyond next year. 

16 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

God I hate Chris Russo. Totally tearing down the white sox. Who wants to play for them. They are second class in the city. Does machado really want to play in a second class team. Believes Phillies would be better then sox

Russo is hard to take, but in this case, it's also hard to argue with him. The Sox are indeed "second class in the city". 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brian said:

I am 90% sure we had tweets about someone saying they were testing out a video for Manny on the Jumbotron on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You should ask "your source"

My source is said hes waiting on the cubs till they say they out .

This is why the Sox need to spend that bread. They need to get out of irrelevance and start getting big names to come here in their primes. We will never be the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, or Cubs, but we can get some of that pie. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is that just since the new Jumbotron?  I swear the old one you could see from the highway.

That's always. I drive by pretty regularly, you see the back of the pinwheels and stadium wall from the highway.

Just now, Lillian said:

Russo is hard to take, but in this case, it's also hard to argue with him. The Sox are indeed "second class in the city". 

Then why did Abreu sign here? Robert? Dunn? Robertson? 

Because we offered the most money. "Why would Manny want to put himself in that situation on the South Side?"......maybe because we give him the money he's looking for. Jackass.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Well they out if, maybe in Sox. and Machado sign two. 

They have a lot money tied up if they find a way untied it he will go there.

Edited by peavy44

1 minute ago, peavy44 said:

If we sign Machado are white sox out on harper then.

There's really no way to know. Logically we hope for just one, But if JR really wants to turn the baseball world upside down and cause mass hysteria  you never know.

5 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

As it’s been stated.. the biggest contract will likely win. Sox need one if not both of these guys to change their image. 

But if we sign machado how likely is rick Hahn try get harper then.