Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The Max stuff was from Jack Curry though, and supposedly Michael Kay was told last night that Manny wants to go to the Yankees

It's possible that he was told that and that it's accurate, but I still doubt that the Yankees' offer will be anywhere close to ours or Philadelphia's. And if Manny really leaves $50 million++ on the table, Harper will not. 

56 minutes ago, Mr. Showtime said:

He later linked to the video of the comments being said on the YES Network. At the end of the video Jack said the Yankees have not "officially" made an offer. 

That 9 270 I suggested that was scoffed earlier maybe not as outlandish as some thought.

14 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

It's possible that he was told that and that it's accurate, but I still doubt that the Yankees' offer will be anywhere close to ours or Philadelphia's. And if Manny really leaves $50 million++ on the table, Harper will not. 

We are fools if we are offering 50 million++ more. He only has three suitors right now. If the phillies want to get stupid that is not an excuse to follow.

Boras is probably praying Machado signs with the Yankees the market for Harper is even slower. 

7 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

We really need some juicy tweets to come out about stuff cuz this discussion has really died. I expected it, tho.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Probably nothing legit until tomorrow.

I think tomorrow might be really fun. Market is set, meetings are done, and now Harper needs to decide if he wants to risk losing his best offer or not. Honestly there's an outside shot that both of them could decide by the end of the weekend 

Edited by Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nothing worse than a slow point in rumor and the endless refreshing of SoxTalk that comes with it.

Tell me about it.  I had no idea you bastards would be my source of entertainment while I'm laid off for the winter.

8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I think tomorrow might be really fun. Market is set, meetings are done, and now Harper needs to decide if he wants to risk losing his best offer or not. Honestly there's an outside shot that both of them could decide by the end of the weekend 

I really think there should be some momentum with Machado this weekend.  I’m sure at this point he’s ranked the three clubs in order of preference and knows how much money he’s willing to forgoe (if any) to play for his favorite.

• Quin locked this topic