Top 5 Least Favorite White Sox

palehose1

Another tough list. So many to hate.

1) The Shark - Jeff whose name that no-one could spell was an awful pitcher who was arrogant and never listened to Coop. He sucked for us for that reason

2) Adam La Roche - Probably the strangest story in sports history. A grown man taking the huff because a professional sports team wouldn't let his son in the locker room.

3) Adam Dunn - Strikeout strikeout strikeout strikeout strikeout strikeout Home Run. Probably the most frustrating player to watch play the game.

4) Nick Swisher - Didn't want to be a White Sox player, his attitude sucked.

5) David Robertson - Enter the most hyped closer in the game. Big contract, he's going to make the difference. Exit a waste of money and lots of blown saves. Another frustrating player to watch.

15 hours ago, The Beast said:

Valentin, why?

His numbers indicate to me that he was a PED guy during his time here. I am not a fan of guys that I think cheated. So if you want to add every PED guy to my list then go ahead, but it will not change my stance of whether they were my favorite or least favorite guys. Did you see that mustache, Hill Street Blues was begging for him to come be a regular.

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Haha now this saddens me. I always thought you were being completely objective when you argued against Avi. Poor guy he may have been the ultimate tease but you really want to put him 1st over a guy who threw a World Series, wife beaters and a guy who tried to run down trick or treaters with his car ? ;)

Well I mean, I think my whole list is guys who I hated for objective, performance reasons. 

If it was the all-scumbag team, I’d have different answers for sure. I can see how you could interpret the OP either way. 

2 hours ago, mjcarlson7803 said:

His numbers indicate to me that he was a PED guy during his time here. I am not a fan of guys that I think cheated. So if you want to add every PED guy to my list then go ahead, but it will not change my stance of whether they were my favorite or least favorite guys. Did you see that mustache, Hill Street Blues was begging for him to come be a regular.

I would imagine that in certain time periods, the strong majority of the Sox [and every other team] were using PEDs.  Hating on the guys who got caught or were suspicious isn't worth it.

Was Linebrink a bad person?  I remember him being very effective, then sucking.  Always thought he just got over used or something.   

Clayton

Navarro

Swisher  

Kotsay as above

many Kenny gets his guy acquisitions

Santo/Kessinger just as cub lifers

Edited by BamaDoc

18 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Andy Gonzalez

Javy Vazquez

Alex Rios

Mike Pelfrey (I know what his role was one the team but god was he awful)

Billy Koch (only because I liked Keith Foulke) 

I liked Foulke because it was nice to tell an opposing team/player to "Foulke Off" after he closed out a game or recording a K. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

Wasn't he legit injured though? Didn't he take a year off afterwards and undergo some sort of stem cell treatment in the DR?

Anyways I remember Guillen being his usual asshole self and going out of his way to make the situation worse. I'm more surprised Lawrie isn't on the list. The guy faked an injury to quit baseball.

Oh and Squires had 6 career home runs in 10 seasons as our everyday 1B.

In 10 seasons with the White Sox, Mike Squires had more than 200 AB in three seasons and over 300 AB once.  In two of those seasons, he had fewer than 5 AB.  Not sure that qualifies as "everyday".

I'll usually only hate dudes for who they were so, less their performance so...

1) Brett Myers

2) Adam LaRoche

3) Nick Swisher

4) Bartolo Colon

5) Magglio Ordonez*

*Maggs was my favorite player growing up, but when he was a Tiger I once saw him fake throw a ball to a fan at a game I was at and it just about ruined him forever in my eyes.

41 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

I'll usually only hate dudes for who they were so, less their performance so...

1) Brett Myers

2) Adam LaRoche

3) Nick Swisher

4) Bartolo Colon

5) Magglio Ordonez*

*Maggs was my favorite player growing up, but when he was a Tiger I once saw him fake throw a ball to a fan at a game I was at and it just about ruined him forever in my eyes.

Was it a kid or some douchebag who had been heckling him all game?  I think something like that is  situational.

8 hours ago, bmags said:

Since people are complaining about other people not hating a player enough...

Really,  no other Manny votes? That 2010 team was so much fun and that guy felt like he singlehandedly ruined it.

Manny belongs in the favorite Sox thread. Signing him was the best part of the 2010 season. Mannypalooza!

• Haha 1