Bye, Danish

The Sir

I jokingly mentioned this in the Machado thread and got exactly one response. Think it's a little more noteworthy since he was a second round pick, will be 24 for most of next season, and had his fate with us apparently decided on the back of 13 MLB innings. Probably a better way to use roster spots, particularly with Hamilton, Burdi, Frare, Ruiz, Burdi and others on the way or already in the pen, but his departure isn't nothing. So...thanks for the effort, Tyler?

15 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I still think Danish has a shot to be a solid major league reliever, but it wasn't going to happen for him here. Good luck to him.

I do see what you mean, but I don't really get it. Why isn't there a shot? We have lots of young talent like I said, but it is the bullpen. Chris Volstad got 47 IP last year, and even in the second best pen in baseball, Brian Duensing got 37 IP over 48 appearances. And he was 35 with nothing to prove, other than that he was clearly over the hill. We, as a much less competitive team, can't give a still-young second round draft pick more than 13 IP over three years to show his stuff?

I'm not that sad about it, and I'm sorta just playing devil's advocate, but it kinda does baffle me.

7 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I do see what you mean, but I don't really get it. Why isn't there a shot? We have lots of young talent like I said, but it is the bullpen. Chris Volstad got 47 IP last year, and even in the second best pen in baseball, Brian Duensing got 37 IP over 48 appearances. And he was 35 with nothing to prove, other than that he was clearly over the hill. We, as a much less competitive team, can't give a still-young second round draft pick more than 13 IP over three years to show his stuff?

I'm not that sad about it, and I'm sorta just playing devil's advocate, but it kinda does baffle me.

The fact that Tyler Danish wasn't good enough to surpass the guys you mentioned is the only answer you need.  He doesn't throw very hard, and he doesn't have good enough stuff to fool most major league hitters.  Dude is a walking embodiment of AAAA player.

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2018 at 3:39 PM, The Sir said:

We still need bullpen filler. I would have invited him to AZ. Wonder what Avi is up to.