Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

So one report from one guy who may or may not be legitimate and everyone here is just ready to accept that it's over? I haven't heard Manny Machado announce where he was going yet.

I’m with you man.  Seems like a weird time & place for this to leak out if true.  I’m leaning towards this being one final Hail Mary to drive up the price for the Sox & Phillies.  If I know one thing about negotiations, final offers are never final until an agreement is actually signed.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m with you man.  Seems like a weird time & place for this to leak out if true.  I’m leaning towards this being one final Hail Mary to drive up the price for the Sox & Phillies.  If I know one thing about negotiations, final offers are never final until an agreement is actually signed.

If this is Manny's go to reporter, it really could be this

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

LOL it may be true or maybe not but the people claiming this is definitive proof of Manny to NY sound like they wanted that since the beginning .

Yeah. He's only been saying he wanted to play for NY for years....no smoke at all. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

And how often do those guys break massive news stories?

All the time. Beat guys are all over this stuff.

Nothing is official here, so it could just be bad info, but saying beat guys don't have insight is just wrong.

2 minutes ago, beautox said:

If Manny is going to NY then I hope Hahn gets creative and ships Yonder & Colome there.

Yankees get: Yonder & Colome
Sox get: Ellsbury(+8-10M) + Clint Frazier & Estevan Florial.

Why are we acquiring two more OF prospects?  I can get Frazier since he’s major league ready, but Florial just creates an even glut in the minors.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mark Gonzales was pretty good with this stuff when he covered the Sox for the Tribune. 

Did her ever break something this significant though?  Like Merkin has because he’s the voice of the club, but usually the big stuff is from national guys or complete rando’s from what I’ve seen.

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Wrong would be saying that he signed a contract extension only for him not to. It's like when jump on people reporting that 2 teams are discussing a trade for Player A, only for Player A to get dealt somewhere else. Everyone says the report is wrong just because the trade didn't happen. Is the report wrong? No. Player A just got traded somewhere else. 

So that's not a very good example of being "wrong."

Edited by soxfan2014

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic