Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Manny Machado and Dan Lozano aren't going to deny something that Dan Clark said. It's Dan Fucking Clark. That dude tweets "rumors" all the time and then deletes the tweets when they don't happen. Machado might go to New York ultimately but he's guessing. 

He deletes tweets he gets wrong?? Jeeeeesus that's weak for a journalist.

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Manny Machado and Dan Lozano aren't going to deny something that Dan Clark said. It's Dan Fucking Clark. That dude tweets "rumors" all the time and then deletes the tweets when they don't happen. Machado might go to New York ultimately but he's guessing. 

This drives up white sox and Phillies offers if Yankees have tapped out well below the other two offers.  

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What do those have to do with this?  And the vast majority of rumors are simply plants intended to create misdirection.  The Encarnacion rumor (if that’s what you’re referring to) is exactly that.

Put in context together these things all point in the same direction. 

On 12/28/2018 at 10:16 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Put in context together these things all point in the same direction. 

I have to agree with this. Eventually I assume it will come out what Machado signed for, what the Sox offer was and if they were given a chance to submit something to match the winning offer.

Depending on those figures then everyone can fairly judge Hahn regarding his comment on "the money will be there."

If the Sox made the best offer and Machado (or Harper) sign elsewhere for less then one has to assume the other factors surrounding this franchise were the difference.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I find it fascinating that this Dan Clark rumor didn’t even make the cut at MLBTradeRumors, at least not yet.

If that troll fuck turns out to be wrong, I hope people really give it to him on social media and in person.

10 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

That kid has a loose grasp on any grammar skills, so the fact that he is claiming to be a newspaper editor in one of his tweets is a bit dubious.  I think he's just piggybacking off the Dan Clark tweet, as they mutually follow each other.

I get that vibe too and the way he’s responding to certain people is incredibly unprofessional.

Given that everyone has already jumped shipps (pun intended), I figured it might be worth sharing what some Orioles fans had to say about him.  For those that don’t read through, what Y2Jimmy said earlier seems to be the consensus in that Dan Clark is known for being full of shit most of the time.  Doesn’t mean the Yankees don’t get him, but I think there is zero reason to panic over this rumor.

MLBTR says Machado future up in the air,  Yanks focussed on bullpen.  The story could have started as a plant. Yet the Yanks were said not to be offering the max money.  The rumors could simply reflect the fact that Machado prefers the Yankees. Dan Clark?  

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dan Clark reporting this doesn’t cause the Phillies or Sox to drop out of the race, it simply makes them reconsider if their “final” offers are actually final.

If  he has agreed to sign with the Yankees, it would stop the negotiations.his agent is one of the top guys. If he agreed to a contract but was still negotiating with other teams and it came out, he would be looking for a new line of work. That is not how it’s done. If Dan Clark is correct, the White Sox know this and are moving on. But there still is a chance he is full of it. 

As far as his rep, if Bruce Levine reported last night the White Sox had signed him and he was the only one, there would be a party on this board. Yet, one could make one of the longest threads in this sites history just stringing together all the Bruce Levine is full of shit posts. 

I hope it isn’t true, but it seems to be gaining legs from all ends.

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dan Clark reporting this doesn’t cause the Phillies or Sox to drop out of the race, it simply makes them reconsider if their “final” offers are actually final.

Anybody  doing anything because of Clark is laughable. No one denies or confirms him because he is a hack and no one wants to legitimize him by mentioning him at all. He still could be right  but it's just guess work hoping to legitimize  himself. If you can grab a headline as the first to break that Machado is a Yankee news you become semi famous and it gets you more clicks . I don't fully understand how twitter works but can advertisers also pay him for ad space too ?

In the end he is just a fan boy with illusions of grandeur wiling to sacrifice his soul ( integrity) to make headlines and get his 15 minutes of fame. After all he's got a decent chance of being right just by playing the percentages plus Machado's preference. Basically a calculated risk close enough to Machado's" after the new year" statement as to get credit for breaking it but not far enough away to think offers haven't been submitted yet .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If  he has agreed to sign with the Yankees, it would stop the negotiations.his agent is one of the top guys. If he agreed to a contract but was still negotiating with other teams and it came out, he would be looking for a new line of work. That is not how it’s done. If Dan Clark is correct, the White Sox know this and are moving on. But there still is a chance he is full of it. 

As far as his rep, if Bruce Levine reported last night the White Sox had signed him and he was the only one, there would be a party on this board. Yet, one could make one of the longest threads in this sites history just stringing together all the Bruce Levine is full of shit posts. 

I hope it isn’t true, but it seems to be gaining legs from all ends.

Dan Clark reporting Manny is going to choose the Yankees doesn’t mean (if you believe him) that he’s agreed to anything.  I don’t know where you’re coming up with that, but his post says nothing of the sort.  

And I have no idea how this is gaining legs from all ends.  Because another random Yankees “insider” claims he heard the same thing?  Again, this is all based on what Manny supposedly told a friend.  Unless that friend was Alonso or a legit insider confirms this, I’m not overly concerned at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dan Clark reporting Manny is going to choose the Yankees doesn’t mean (if you believe him) that he’s agreed to anything.  I don’t know where you’re coming up with that, but his post says nothing of the sort.  

And I have no idea how this is gaining legs from all ends.  Because another random Yankees “insider” claims he heard the same thing?  Again, this is all based on what Manny supposedly told a friend.  Unless that friend was Alonso or a legit insider confirms this, I’m not overly concerned at the moment.

I think what he is saying is if the situation was reversed people would be jumping for joy on this board. There is a big difference between denial and blind hope. The guy has no skin to gain in this, he has Oriole ties. But there are too many “coincidences” out there to where you can see the writing on the wall man. 

2 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I really hope Rick Hahn or Kenny Williams don't think Encarnación is an acceptable big acquisition for this winter.

What more could they do though?  Its clear neither one of them wanted to go anywhere else other then their intended target: Yankees & Cubs.  Its not like Kenny and Rick can put a gun to their heads and force their hands.

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic