Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

49 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I am sure before it becomes official, Manny is going to have to take a physical, probably in NY, maybe in Tampa. Who knows what his schedule is like.for all we know, he might be on vacation right now. There are many reasons it could be delayed. Obviously one could be that the report is fake. But the White Sox going after Encarnacion sends a signal that something has changed.

Agreements are announced to be pending physicals and once physicals are done signing conferences takes place. Again there hasn’t been a concrete report of agreement between Yankees and Machado and you’re already drawing your conclusions of things that secretly happened behind the scenes. What does it say about your view on this whole process?

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Agreements are announced to be pending physicals and once physicals are done signing conferences takes place. Again there hasn’t been a concrete report of agreement between Yankees and Machado and you’re already drawing your conclusions of things that secretly happened behind the scenes. What does it say about your view on this whole process?

Lol, that it was pretty much rigged to a foregone conclusion from the very beginning.

”For the good of the game.”  Etc.

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Since you think the White Sox are still in and have made what Obviouly would have be a bigger bid than the Yankees and basically calling this report fake, aren’t you drawing your own conclusions?  What makes what I am using vs what you are using any less accurate?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I hate the idea of reshaping your roster just because of a draft pick.

Shades of the days of juggling Teahen, Beckham and Viciedo around come to mind.   

Sigh.

Oh to be an Indians’ fan and be so bored of not winning it all that you ‘re actually in favor of trading Kluber, Bauer, Lindor and Ramirez and starting the entire process all over again.

Bring back Buddy Bell.

The only thing that makes me worry here is that the reported interest in two other 1B/DH types (Martinez & dumb parrot) only makes sense if they expect to move on from Alonso and/or Abreu, neither of which would happen if Machado was gonna be here. 

There is some real smoke here, is all. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Sigh.

Oh to be an Indians’ fan and be so bored of not winning it all that you ‘re actually in favor of trading Kluber, Bauer, Lindor and Ramirez and starting the entire process all over again.

Bring back Buddy Bell.

I don't think of any their fans actually want to trade any of those guys. Especially not Lindor and Ramirez.

Just now, iamshack said:

Based on things I have been told from people who have reason to know. 

Just so I make sure which part of that statement you're aiming at - you're saying the White Sox went into this with a spending limit and were willing to miss both of those guys if they were outbid beyond that limit, and those limits are at values that it's entirely plausible another team will beat?

Just now, iamshack said:

Based on things I have been told from people who have reason to know. 

They’re actually going to say it was all a ruse to excite the fanbase but they never really expected to sign either player, but were willing to get involved in order to drive up the price for competitors like the Yankees and Cubs?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Sigh.

Bring back Buddy Bell.

He’s doing his thing with the Reds. He must have some really good info on a lot of people.

3 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

The only thing that makes me worry here is that the reported interest in two other 1B/DH types (Martinez & dumb parrot) only makes sense if they expect to move on from Alonso and/or Abreu, neither of which would happen if Machado was gonna be here. 

What does our interest in those two say about Harper, though? In other words, there are optimistic and pessimistic angles for pretty much every leak

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

I don't think of any their fans actually want to trade any of those guys. Especially not Lindor and Ramirez.

You must not read much at Cleveland.com, they’re incredibly brutal with the Dolan regime because of how many teardown cycles they’ve been forced to sit through.   Maybe even worse than Twins’ fans with the Pohlads.

3 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

That is why I am buying it. Both came out the same day. Maybe a coincidence, maybe both fake, but that doesn’t seem likely.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They’re actually going to say it was all a ruse to excite the fanbase but they never really expected to sign either player, but were willing to get involved in order to drive up the price for competitors like the Yankees and Cubs?

He really wants to play with his brother in law and once he meets and gets to know Rick Hahn and Ricky Renteria, he'll be  absolutely enamored and would want to sign nowhere else.

Edited by GreenSox

Assuming MM does sign with NY. Who do they move in a deal?  Gregorious to make room at SS or Andujar to make room at 3B? Granted they would’nt have to make this decision until Didi returns from the DL in June, still something to monitor going forward. I personally would love Andujar at 3B. 

Just now, GreatScott82 said:

Assuming MM does sign with NY. Who do they move in a deal?  Gregorious to make room at SS or Andujar to make room at 3B? Granted they would’nt have to make this decision until Didi returns from the DL in June, still something to monitor going forward. I personally would love Andujar at 3B. 

I'd imagine they'd just hold all of them and make it a rotation over the last couple months, filling their DH slot sometimes with each of them.

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic