Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And therein lies the rub. You see a lot of complaining here that the Sox are an undesirable team because they are so bad and that's why the whales won't come here. Then you see if neither whale signs here then stay the course. In other words  suck for another year thereby being in the same situation when it comes to getting FA's.

It's a classic Catch 22. In order to be attractive to FA's we must be good but if we can't sign FA's then suck again and continue to be unattractive to FA's. And round and round we go.

I truly think the Sox cannot go into 2019 looking at this as another "Tank Season."   An effort needs to be made to at least attempt to start winning more games.    It's part of the development process for these young players, start winning baseball games. 

I'm sure the Front office knows this and has their backup plan in place if they swing and miss on the big 2.  Even if it means giving a guy like Moustakas a 3 year deal, then so be it.  Or adding pieces to the bullpen to try to hold leads late in games.     

3 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

I’ve never rooted harder for a “source” to be wrong, what a clown.

I said this  14 pages ago. The 1st 2 sentences ring a bit truer now don't they ? Their are more plants in Twitter than there are in the Amazon Rainforest.

Guy like this are slapping the White Sox in the face and most of us are turning the other cheek or rolling over and saying "Thank you sir, may I have another "?

Are we all gonna be b****es on our knees wearing a collar and leash or are we going to be John Belushi asking  "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor ?" Who's with me ? Let's go !!!

20 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Anybody  doing anything because of Clark is laughable. No one denies or confirms him because he is a hack and no one wants to legitimize him by mentioning him at all. He still could be right  but it's just guess work hoping to legitimize  himself. If you can grab a headline as the first to break that Machado is a Yankee news you become semi famous and it gets you more clicks . I don't fully understand how twitter works but can advertisers also pay him for ad space too ?

In the end he is just a fan boy with illusions of grandeur wiling to sacrifice his soul ( integrity) to make headlines and get his 15 minutes of fame. After all he's got a decent chance of being right just by playing the percentages plus Machado's preference. Basically a calculated risk close enough to Machado's" after the new year" statement as to get credit for breaking it but not far enough away to think offers haven't been submitted yet .

• Like 1

Wonder what Yonder Hither knows and if he is talking. If fake Ken R calls the Yanks then we would know it's not happening. As for Desperado Dan Clark I remember a certain musician who says there is no such thing as bad publicity. Evermore true in the days of social media. 

LOL so now people have their option for which amateur sports guy has the best intel. The ones who don’t believe Clark because he isn’t professional will point to WSD having a contradicting report as evidence to dispute Clarks report. 😂 

8 minutes ago, shipps said:

LOL so now people have their option for which amateur sports guy has the best intel. The ones who don’t believe Clark because he isn’t professional will point to WSD having a contradicting report as evidence to dispute Clarks report. 😂 

You are really all in on this Dan Clark report huh.

29 minutes ago, shipps said:

If you’re so sure that Clark is right and Machado has signed with the Yankees, why do you feel the need to continue posting in the Machado thread?

The more and more this Clark guy talks, the less confident I am that he was right about his “intel”. 

Machado is still very much in the running for the White Sox. And according to Steve Phillips, so is Harper. (Probably more so)

dont stop believing Sox fans.... 

Trying to be as unbiased as possible, I just don’t know why the Yankees would offer Machado a huge contract. I know that every team would be better with him on the roster, but they already have so much good young infield talent already. 

Why not spend that money on adding some big name starting pitchers?

I think the biggest offer we see from the Yankees to Machado is something like 7-year, $200 million.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If you’re so sure that Clark is right and Machado has signed with the Yankees, why do you feel the need to continue posting in the Machado thread?

Cannot speak for shipps, but for myself I think the guy has a legit source, could be / probably is right, I just hope like hell the dude has been fed some bad info. 

5 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Cannot speak for shipps, but for myself I think the guy has a legit source, could be / probably is right, I just hope like hell the dude has been fed some bad info. 

I can't make you believe or not believe him, but I think that the reactions of Orioles fans who are familiar with Clark speak volumes. This is a guy who has tweeted out rumors (on a smaller scale) in the past and deleted them when they are wrong. He did leave up the Markakis one which he got wrong, which I suppose (?) I give him credit for?

Anyway, it's fine if you think he could be right, I just don't appreciate when other people feel the need to mock those who don't believe Clark, especially given his track record.

Edited by Jose Abreu
  • Love 2

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic