Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

9 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

I think we are just tired of all this. We have been beaten with smoke for weeks and honestly not seeing one bit of anything like we've seen lately in relation to the Sox is just defeating. If there was ANYTHING to make us think the Sox were still in this, other than "we have the money" or that he hasn't signed on a line, we would be more eternally optimistic like you. I am forever pessimistic, and this franchise made me this way and isnt doing a damn thing to change that.

I totally get being pessimistic, but there are a bunch of posters here that are acting like Hudson from Aliens anytime something Machado/NYY related comes out even if it’s from a questionable source.

D5DAF5B7-A1CC-40D6-805A-53C2AFEC4708.jpeg

• Like 1

Remember when Delmonico had a Instagram post and Harper liked it then signed with the Sox? Lol, me either. This is weak. Folks are acting like ESPN is breaking in their program to announce the signing. Relax he might just be trolling folks to see their reactions and laughing with friends at a party.

• Like 1

Just now, DaGame2584 said:

Remember when Delmonico had a Instagram post and Harper liked it then signed with the Sox? Lol, me either. This is weak. Folks are acting like ESPN is breaking in their program to announce the signing. Relax he might just be trolling folks to see their reactions and laughing with friends at a party.

Harper has been trolling for years on social media. Manny hasn’t

1 minute ago, DaGame2584 said:

I would totally do that if the Yankees weren’t offering me what I was worth...:)

• Like 1

It’s equally annoying to think all these fake rumors, Twitter trolls and Insta follows are going to have a real impact on negotiations or are strategic plants coming directly from Boras or Lozano.

Somehow the ARod negotiations (Texas against themselves, White Sox used as a prop or pawn) occurred without this overwhelming social media circus atmosphere.  

The Sox knew they had a better shot at Machado. Brian said they don’t like they’re chances with Harper. Then they traded for his damn brother in law which in hindsight if and when Manny signs elsewhere is going to look really bad. I don’t think they have a chance at all with Harper.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Harper has been trolling for years on social media. Manny hasn’t

Like the week before Christmas when he suddenly followed Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley and one of the other Phils right after his visit there and we saw posts about how that meant he was going to Philly and someone actually convinced me to scroll through who he follows on Instagram to see if it was unusual and I still want that time back?

• Haha 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Like the week before Christmas when he suddenly followed Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley and one of the other Phils right after his visit there and we saw posts about how that meant he was going to Philly and someone actually convinced me to scroll through who he follows on Instagram to see if it was unusual and I still want that time back?

Doesn't he follow Tim Anderson also? So I guess we signed him too LOL

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

That was false though, he had been following them all along 

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s equally annoying to think all these fake rumors, Twitter trolls and Insta follows are going to have a real impact on negotiations or are strategic plants coming directly from Boras or Lozano.

Somehow the ARod negotiations (Texas against themselves, White Sox used as a prop or pawn) occurred without this overwhelming social media circus atmosphere.  

We wouldn’t keep getting fake rumors if they didn’t work.  And I have no idea why the A-Rod sweepstakes years ago have any relevance when social media doesn’t exist like it did today.  Things change with technology / time.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We wouldn’t keep getting fake rumors if they didn’t work.  And I have no idea why the A-Rod sweepstakes years ago have any relevance when social media doesn’t exist like it did today.  Things change with technology / time.

What’s one example we can cite where internet rumors actually ended up in a bigger contract for a player? 

Wouldn’t teams just hire internet trolls to undermine player values or tout a team going to Plan B’s?   It’s not quite like arbitration hearings (head to head), because you have more demand than supply of elite talent, but the same principles should be at play.  

Of course, the trick would be not getting caught.

Edited by caulfield12

44 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wait until Bryce signs with cubs. This isn’t worst case scenario, as I would have been way more upset if Phillies got him.

Agreed. At least with the Cubs it's not just money, it's the desire to play for a certain team.

47 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

I think we are just tired of all this. We have been beaten with smoke for weeks and honestly not seeing one bit of anything like we've seen lately in relation to the Sox is just defeating. If there was ANYTHING to make us think the Sox were still in this, other than "we have the money" or that he hasn't signed on a line, we would be more eternally optimistic like you. I am forever pessimistic, and this franchise made me this way and isnt doing a damn thing to change that.

I wouldn't give this organization 1 penny of my money and I hope none of you will either, let this garbage for an organization move and someone else will come in who knows baseball and take advantage of what this  great city offers, the White Sox and the bulls are just garbage, we do not deserve this bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

I wouldn't give this organization 1 penny of my money and I hope none of you will either, let this garbage for an organization move and someone else will come in who knows baseball and take advantage of what this  great city offers, the White Sox and the bulls are just garbage, we do not deserve this bullshit.

I have partial season tickets and always will, until I move to Colorado when I retire.

3 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

In all fairness if the dudes heart is set on NY and the money is around the same, can you really blame the guy?

I’m in the camp that I believe it’s a done deal and yes it will be a bummer if we will miss out on him because I think he’s the only one out of the big two that we could actually land but by far is not the end of the world.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

I should say that I fully support this rebuild and will continue to. I just need some kind of free agency win.

9 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Jeez man have a drink lol. If we sign a whale it's just a bonus. If not we continue with the rebuild. I'll be a Sox fan until I die. Regardless of bad coaches, players, fo, or owners.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

We don't deserve anything. We are fans following a team. We CHOOSE to give them our support. We don't work for them. They don't owe us anything.

• Love 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic