Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

19 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

His unfollowing is truly just damage control (even tho its basically creating more damage). He is having fun tonight and followed all these guys and YES, when his agent calls and says stop being an idiot and clear that stuff up until they make it public. 

I don’t know, at this point I’m not sure what to believe.  Who did he follow other than YES tonight though?

38 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t know, at this point I’m not sure what to believe.  Who did he follow other than YES tonight though?

We’re defintely overthinking this. I’m more willing to believe it’s an innocent mistake (albeit fortelling of where he’ll go), then part of a masterful plan to use the most popular baseball team and their fanbase as pawns

35 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

We’re defintely overthinking this. I’m more willing to believe it’s an innocent mistake (albeit fortelling of where he’ll go), then part of a masterful plan to use the most popular baseball team and their fanbase as pawns

Also a franchise that he “likes” and has close relationships with some members of the organization. If this was NESN he was trolling, that would make more sense.

1 hour ago, Flash Tizzle said:

35 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also a franchise that he “likes” and has close relationships with some members of the organization. If this was NESN he was trolling, that would make more sense.

I said this sometime in the last week, but maybe he wasn’t a huge fan of the comments Hal Steinbrenner made about him.  That’s probaly a reach, but at the very least I could see it affecting his desirability for the Yankees.

5 hours ago, fathom said:

I’m betting we see a Players Tribune article by him in next 48 hours saying he’s signing with Yankees.

YES but he also signed up for South Side Showdown. 

4 hours ago, beckham15 said:

In all fairness if the dudes heart is set on NY and the money is around the same, can you really blame the guy?

I’m in the camp that I believe it’s a done deal and yes it will be a bummer if we will miss out on him because I think he’s the only one out of the big two that we could actually land but by far is not the end of the world.

The most logical thought would be that he is trying to get more dough out of the Yanks while we are his fallback. 

6 minutes ago, pcq said:

The most logical thought would be that he is trying to get more dough out of the Yanks while we are his fallback. 

I think this is the case for both players. They really want to play for a specific team and are trying to work them for better contract, but they each have good offers from the White Sox.

It sure looked like both of them had a great time playing golf together last week in Florida. Alonso posted a photo on Instagram of their foursome in front of the clubhouse with the hashtags #GreatTimes, #Golf and #TheBoys.

Utilityman Danny Valencia was also in the foursome. Hmmm. He and Machado were teammates in Baltimore. Valencia and Alonso played together at the University of Miami in 2006. Valencia can play first base, third base, left field and right field coming off the bench. And, he's a free agent….

https://sports.yahoo.com/sox-drawer-q-harper-machado-004749136.html

6 hours ago, pcq said:

Why would telling people you will sign with the Yankees, in addition to following their television network, make that team want to fork over more money? It looks like their offer is already good enough! “Well he should be accepting our offer soon, but lets give him another 20 million anyway...”

I’d be more willing to believe the White Sox are the front runners with New York and all of this inside information/Social media following about the Yankees is an attempt for us to match the offer. But even that I feel is unlikely, just slightly more realistic. 

Edited by Flash Tizzle

13 hours ago, Scoots said:

We don't deserve anything. We are fans following a team. We CHOOSE to give them our support. We don't work for them. They don't owe us anything.

They are no different than any other business, they are not doing this for free,and you are correct that I chose to give them my support but I and we should expect the best product possible, which we have not received.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

They are no different than any other business, they are not doing this for free,and you are correct that I chose to give them my support but I and we should expect the best product possible, which we have not received.

What is the best possible product? This is determined by the individual fan, not for you to generalize. 

Is it a world series every year? Not possible for all teams.

Is it to go to the playoffs every year? A few teams do that.

Is it a winning record every year? Very possible but is that the stuck in mediocrity that people hate.

Is it to go to the ballpark and enjoy baseball?

Edited by ptatc

26 minutes ago, ptatc said:

What is the best possible product? This is determined by the individual fan, not for you to generalize. 

Is it a world series every year? Not possible for all teams.

Is it to go to the playoffs every year? A few teams do that.

Is it a winning record every year? Very possible but is that the stuck in mediocrity that people hate.

Is it to go to the ballpark and enjoy baseball?

How about we start with a baseball team that is watchable is that asking too much?

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic