Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I wonder, historically, how many examples he can give of players taking less money for this reason - especially in baseball. Basketball sure, where they've gone into superteam mode and the salary cap was rapidly going up - we saw Lebron and Durant do that, but I can remember few cases of it happening obviously in baseball. 

I’d say zero, particularly in a situation like this with such large dollars involved.

“Lots of people willingly surrender tens of millions of dollars because they think the team offering less money is cooler—happens all the time.  I’m sure it does.”  I’ve never seen any notion so widely accepted despite being unsupported by evidence or economics.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

He followed up with a screen shot from what someone put on reddit 06F18BF7-211F-4BF9-A03D-8F023EE99AC2.jpeg

That says he already bought a house....lol.  I mean, he’s got a good four months before he even plays a game in NYC, the obvious thing to do would be rushing to buy a giant mansion between Christmas & New Years and before signing a contract.

2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I’m not saying I believe it, not in the slightest bit, just posting what he did

I didn’t think you did. At this point everyone is looking for every bit of info. Was just pointing out how absurd it was to me. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That says he already bought a house....lol.  I mean, he’s got a good four months before he even plays a game in NYC, the obvious thing to do would be rushing to buy a giant mansion between Christmas & New Years and before signing a contract.

Not to mention buy the first thing you come across and then go out on the town right away with all the Yankees who are probably not in NY right now 

5 minutes ago, Markbilliards said:

Come on guys, don't be so sensitive.  This was actually kind of funny.

If Ken Rosenthal or Jon Heyman tweeted this, they would rightfully get roasted for it. Since that's who he's aspiring to be, that's how he should be judged.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If we can get a copy of the purchase agreement, we just need to check who he listed as his employer, and this entire mystery is solved!!!

Edited by HakunaMachado
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Well, I just sent an email to her, posing as CEO of Madrigal Elektromotoren GmbH to ask if the location was still available. So we shall see. 😂

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

If we can get a copy of the purchase agreement, we just need to check who he listed as his employer, and this entire mystery is solved!!!

If it's Wells Fargo or One West, no employment verification needed, lol..."hey, it's Manny Machado, he's GOOD for it!"

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic