Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I know some have mixed feelings about WSD, but check the end of this article out: https://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/sources-me-troy-tulowitzki-signs-1-year-deal-with-yankees/

Says he has has more #scoopcity info later today. Might be nothing or completely unrelated to Machado, but could be interesting nonetheless.

Wtf is wrong with that guy?  Of course you're not gonna get credit, he didn't say Tulo was signing just that they're interested in bringing him in.  Why does he try so hard to sound like the douchiest of douches?

Edited by bschmaranz

1 minute ago, bschmaranz said:

Wtf is wrong with that guy?  Of course you're not gonna get credit, he didn't say Tulo was signing just that they're interested in bringing him in.  Why does he try so hard to sound like the douchiest if douches?

Unlike Dan Clark, he has a reason.

He works for Barstool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, bschmaranz said:

Wtf is wrong with that guy?  Of course you're not gonna get credit, he didn't say Tulo was signing just that they're interested in bringing him in.  Why does he try so hard to sound like the douchiest if douches?

Right. He didn't break any news. He just said "Yankees are interested." Other teams were reportedly interested as well. Doesn't mean he was signing with them.

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I know some have mixed feelings about WSD, but check the end of this article out: https://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/sources-me-troy-tulowitzki-signs-1-year-deal-with-yankees/

Says he has has more #scoopcity info later today. Might be nothing or completely unrelated to Machado, but could be interesting nonetheless.

Exact quote is "HUGE #ScoopCity announcement coming up at 12pm EST (eyeball emoji)." We'll see if he's just trying to get attention or actually has something.

Just now, Tony said:

You know who he is and we're talking about him, so whatever he's doing, it's working. It's the old wrestling mentality. Either cheer or boo. When you evoke no emotion, you're not doing it right. 

You just helped rekindle my man crush for Mr. Perfect.

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

To me, it all boils down to whether or not they want to trade Andujar. If they do, then none of these other acquisitions matter and Manny will end up at 3rd there.

To counter that though, they may be better off holding onto Andujar one more year and then signing Arenado or Rendon to play 3B.  I don’t see why’d be in any rush to trade Andujar unless they feel the bat will regress.  IMO, his value increases substantially with a repeat performance offensively along with some moderate defensive gains.

WSD is the worst twitter follow I have. I alternate between following and unfollowing him because I know he does scoop stuff sometimes, but literally every tweet in between makes me want to smash my face into a table. 

I need to unfollow again. You guys will keep me posted on what he says anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

I think old yankees would trade Andujar but I think Cashman has full reigns without a pushy owner, and knows how valuable that cheap offensive production is. They can find a spot to minimize his issues in field or 1b/dh him, and could still trade for a pitcher without him. Including Andujar blows away any other teams offers, so they could compete without him.

5 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

WSD is the worst twitter follow I have. I alternate between following and unfollowing him because I know he does scoop stuff sometimes, but literally every tweet in between makes me want to smash my face into a table. 

I need to unfollow again. You guys will keep me posted on what he says anyway. 

Lol...I take it you don’t like “victory beefs” because those make up half of his tweeter feed.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Stienbrenner kids seem to be more frugal than pops was... 

Pops didn't really have to deal with things like the luxury tax back in the day.   They also just bought a 300M contract last year in Stanton

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Pops didn't really have to deal with things like the luxury tax back in the day.   They also just bought a 300M contract last year in Stanton

True. But even before

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yeah, frugal is an extremely subjective word here 

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

True. But even before

I don't know that it's frugality. The production from players over 30 has crashed compared to before. Getting the the top free agent isn't just bad because money but because it may not get you the production you expect. This guy does give Cashman ample resources in analytics and scouting.

Kudos to those who were calling Clark’s tweet BS last week. Now that the big boys are returning to work, all signs point to him spewing BS without real information last week. He was either trying to strike first with a scoop by picking the most likely scenario while others are taking the week off, or he was fed with bad information and wanted to go down in flame with it.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Kudos to those who were calling Clark’s tweet BS last week. Now that the big boys are returning to work, all signs point to him spewing BS without real information last week. He was either trying to strike first with a scoop by picking the most likely scenario while others are taking the week off, or he was fed with bad information and wanted to go down in flame with it.

Definitely that.

• Like 1

The thing about Clark's tweet was how much certainty he was throwing behind one second hand source. That is the difference between rosenthals/shermans/etc, who either get high up sources but also often get confirmation from multiple. On flip side, it often means by time you get the info it's darn near finished.

Info like clark's can appear way before anything is finalized, and end up false due to changing in circumstances or false due to the source relaying the information with more certainty or lack of context than it requires.

But, Clark may end up being right despite wrong info, or wrong despite right info, or just got cautious info and blew it up way out of proportion because he's a dip, but anyway, this is a message board and if you didn't come here for rumors, you'll get them anyway.

• Like 2

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic