Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, Saufley said:

If we lose out on Machado is Moustakas worth signing for a 2/3 year contract? I'm tired of losing 100 games a year and looking for improvement anywhere. I know we have Burger, but does anyone believe he will ever be our third baseman? Just wondering??

Not with Arenado and Rendon potentially hitting the free agent market next year.

8 minutes ago, Saufley said:

If we lose out on Machado is Moustakas worth signing for a 2/3 year contract? I'm tired of losing 100 games a year and looking for improvement anywhere. I know we have Burger, but does anyone believe he will ever be our third baseman? Just wondering??

No I don't believe Burger will ever be our 3b. However, I also note that Mike Moustakas was worth 2.4 fWAR last year, while Yolmer Sanchez was worth 1.7, and do not believe that is a significant enough difference to really believe that we'd be getting improvement worth our money, especially when you factor in the ages of each player.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

No I don't believe Burger will ever be our 3b. However, I also note that Mike Moustakas was worth 2.4 fWAR last year, while Yolmer Sanchez was worth 1.7, and do not believe that is a significant enough difference to really believe that we'd be getting improvement worth our money, especially when you factor in the ages of each player.

Thanks. That makes sense to me.

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Him prolonging his decision might actually favor the Sox. I would assume that statement confirms that offers have been made. Might mean the Yankees don't have a strong offer on the table and he really is contemplating elsewhere. Wishful thinking? Hahahaha

I think it's more than wishful thinking.  All of these national prognosticators acting as if this would be a slam dunk in the Yankees favor, well, maybe not.  If it was such a foregone conclusion, then why the wait until the new year?  Mayhaps we are in this more than we think or more than it seems publicly at the moment.  But I definitely think this is at least a good sign for the Sox.  

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

What rumor?

The rumor was that Machado loved the Sox so much he wanted to skip meeting with other teams and go right to the Sox. 

It was an unsubstantiated rumor from Facebook like that. Could have been made up in hopes to be right, I don’t know. For whatever reason, it caught steam here. Probably just the desire to have rumors 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Him prolonging his decision might actually favor the Sox. I would assume that statement confirms that offers have been made. Might mean the Yankees don't have a strong offer on the table and he really is contemplating elsewhere. Wishful thinking? Hahahaha

At the very least - this pretty much verifies that the reports "Machado has made up his mind he's going to sign with the Yankees/Phillies" that we saw yesterday, those reports are simply false. He's going to weigh each offer, see if they shift, talk to family, etc, and even if he has a preference, it's not open and shut.

5 hours ago, raBBit said:

I think people should take the Dodgers more seriously. They have the most money of any team, they have the most creative front office, they have money to move associated to players that are good (Hi Cubs!) and they are conceivably Harper's preferred location. Plus they came up short of the trophy just barely to years in a row. They have all the depth a playoff team could need, now it's time for them to shed some of it and make way for another premium talent.  Perhaps the hold up is they want to rid themselves of Matt Kemp and another productive player as opposed to 2-3 productive players and keeping Kemp on a team where he doesn't fit. 

As I was saying...

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic