Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

18 minutes ago, raBBit said:

The rumor was that Machado loved the Sox so much he wanted to skip meeting with other teams and go right to the Sox. 

It was an unsubstantiated rumor from Facebook like that. Could have been made up in hopes to be right, I don’t know. For whatever reason, it caught steam here. Probably just the desire to have rumors 

I think Chilli actually admitted it was all a hoax/joke.

Actually I think just the opposite.   This will give them a real opportunity to show how “in “ they are.  They have no money on books and really need a name/face for franchise.     The fact he is waiting is good too.   He will be time with family and his Brother-in -law.   He signs with Sox right after New Years.   

3 minutes ago, shago said:

MLB Network discussion saying all but done with Yankees unless Phillies outbid them by $100mm. White Sox were not even mentioned in a 15 minute panel discussion.

#YetanotherCWStease.

Not predicting the Sox will get Machado or that MLB Network will ultimately be proven right but the hosts on MLB programs rarely come to the table with any useful inside information. They are just regurgitating the conventional wisdom.  Predicting Machado to the Yankee really doesn't require much imagination.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Well I guess the good news is that we haven't been eliminated.  Yet.

Let the life support run for another week or so....at least now I know I won’t have to refresh every 5 minutes and can sit back and wait until January to see what happens 

26 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

It doesn't, but they're obviously in on Machado. I just can't see the Sox winning a bidding war against them or even the Phillies. It sucks.

All signs suggest the Yankees do not want to enter a bidding war and we have as much money to throw at Machado as the Phillies.  Doesn’t mean we’ll do it, but there’s zero reason to lose hope right now.

If the White Sox miss out on Machado and he signs elsewhere, do they trade for Puig, if the Reds want to unload him? Maybe they sign Moustakas as well? 

Or do the Dodgers sign A.J. Pollock, Dallas Keuchel and trade for Corey Kluber and Harper goes elsewhere? (Unlikely.)

Edited by The Beast

1 hour ago, justBLAZE said:

I think Chilli actually admitted it was all a hoax/joke.

Really?  Where did he do that?  

Question for Mods: That is true, will there be consequences?  Joe has been on this board long enough to know better.  If that shit is allowed there will just encourage more people trolling posting fake info.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Really?  Where did he do that?  

Question for Mods: That is true, will there be consequences?  Joe has been on this board long enough to know better.  If that shit is allowed there will just encourage more people trolling posting fake info.

He did seem to hint at that, but then kept playing along with it afterwards.

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

No I don't believe Burger will ever be our 3b. However, I also note that Mike Moustakas was worth 2.4 fWAR last year, while Yolmer Sanchez was worth 1.7, and do not believe that is a significant enough difference to really believe that we'd be getting improvement worth our money, especially when you factor in the ages of each player.

Why that stance on Burger? Just not impressed and the injury?

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic