Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

i don't know. Fit...he wants to play SS, I am sure the White Sox want him to play 3B. And culture? The team topped out at 78 wins the last 6 seasons. That's a losing culture. The park is usually a mausoleum. They are constantly ignored not only nationally, but locally as well.  

I hope they sign him, but if they do, it's going to be about cash.

If Manny wants to prove to his doubters that he is a leader and lead the Sox rebuild, that could be an angle. Not saying that tops the money - that’s still the most important thing. But there are other factors that could come into play if the money is close.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

i don't know. Fit...he wants to play SS, I am sure the White Sox want him to play 3B. And culture? The team topped out at 78 wins the last 6 seasons. That's a losing culture. The park is usually a mausoleum. They are constantly ignored not only nationally, but locally as well.  

I hope they sign him, but if they do, it's going to be about cash.

Of course it’s about the money if the Sox sign him.  But saying that’s not even his concern right now is a good way to combat criticism if he does take the most money on the table.

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I remember I used to live and die in every game thread years ago. For whatever reason I stopped using this forum for awhile but I'm glad I rediscovered it. I love it. And yeah, if a mod can change my username that would be great. Thanks! 

Really?  Can't remember, huh.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was here for the cespedes threads, the Alex Gordon banter, plus youkalis, manny Ramerez, the endless peavy threads, etc. 

Really think machado fits with their positional need and culture. Gotta assume yonder is in his ear the past few days, and White Sox willingness to go high with money will seal the deal. 

Just had to be a piece of this thread before a decision was made. Back to lurking for now, maybe will chime in on occasion. 

Edited by HakunaMachado
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, iamshack said:

Well he’s made no secret of trying to recruit Manny. He’s embraced his role since the moment we acquired him :)

He’s not dumb, he knows exactly why he was acquired and is earning his paycheck hopefully as we speak. Although not knowing much about who he is as a person from what I’ve listened to of him he seems very humble about all of this and actually a pretty smart dude

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/2018/12/27/tommy-pham-rays-need-a-new-stadium-or-a-new-city/

This is a huge reason why Machado to the Sox is much more likely than Harper

1) He’s used to playing in front of small/er crowds the last couple of years in Baltimore.

2) His agent is not out to get the biggest contract in the history of the game

3) Positional need

4) Already comfortable in the AL

5) All the players they’re surrounding him with in an effort to make him comfortable

6) Johnny Hustle comments/postseason 2018 and injury history have put a ceiling on his value to many teams...

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/2018/12/27/tommy-pham-rays-need-a-new-stadium-or-a-new-city/

This is a huge reason why Machado to the Sox is much more likely than Harper

1) He’s used to playing in front of small/er crowds the last couple of years in Baltimore.

2) His agent is not out to get the biggest contract in the history of the game

I think most of this is overblown, but these two points particularly. Every agent is always trying to get the biggest deal in history, especially Machado's. Also, he played for the Dodgers. Why wouldn't attendance / fandom matter to him?

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic