Chicago White Sox

Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Machado hasn't been tied to that city/organization for months at this point. How is that relevant now?

They could have a relationship off the field due to his time there? For all we know, he could have a better relationship with Dan Clark than he does with Welington Castillo.

Edited by soxfan2014

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

This is as SoxTalk as it gets. Can anyone tell me what news this Dan Clark has broken before that makes his words 100% credible?

He's on the Orioles beat for either the Baltimore Sun or MASN. 

He was the source of the Sox/Machado rumors last year. This guy is legit. 

He's the equivalent of Scot Gregor or Chuck Garfein. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Unless it's Rosenthal, Heyman, Morosi, etc tweeting it, I'm taking rumors from everyone else with a grain of salt.

Don’t forget WetButt23 answer KatyPerrysBootyHole

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Wrong actually. He's been tied into Manny's saga for years now. 

Yep he was all over the Manny trade market last offseason. IIRC, Orioles fans respected his insight.

4 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

So one report from one guy who may or may not be legitimate and everyone here is just ready to accept that it's over? I haven't heard Manny Machado announce where he was going yet.

I’m with you man.  Seems like a weird time & place for this to leak out if true.  I’m leaning towards this being one final Hail Mary to drive up the price for the Sox & Phillies.  If I know one thing about negotiations, final offers are never final until an agreement is actually signed.

FWIW, Heyman tweeted this just over an hour ago. I find it hard to believe that they went from "waiting for the market to play out" on Machado to him for sure signing there in that short of a time span.

• Like 1

LOL it may be true or maybe not but the people claiming this is definitive proof of Manny to NY sound like they wanted that since the beginning .

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's on the Orioles beat for either the Baltimore Sun or MASN. 

He was the source of the Sox/Machado rumors last year. This guy is legit. 

He's the equivalent of Scot Gregor or Chuck Garfein. 

And how often do those guys break massive news stories?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Didn't we just hear nobody had submitted final offers and he would get those after the new year?

There was another Tweet before that said teams had submitted final offers though.

Edited by soxfan2014

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m with you man.  Seems like a weird time & place for this to leak out if true.  I’m leaning towards this being one final Hail Mary to drive up the price for the Sox & Phillies.  If I know one thing about negotiations, final offers are never final until an agreement is actually signed.

If this is Manny's go to reporter, it really could be this

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think the answer on that one is pretty often?

If Manny is going to NY then I hope Hahn gets creative and ships Yonder & Colome there.

Yankees get: Yonder & Colome
Sox get: Ellsbury(+8-10M) + Clint Frazier & Estevan Florial.

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

LOL it may be true or maybe not but the people claiming this is definitive proof of Manny to NY sound like they wanted that since the beginning .

Yeah. He's only been saying he wanted to play for NY for years....no smoke at all. 

It does seem like a negotiation tactic to get the Sox and Phillies to up their offers.

But also wouldn't be shocked if it ended up being true since I've expected him to go there for more than a year now.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

All the time. Beat guys are all over this stuff.

Nothing is official here, so it could just be bad info, but saying beat guys don't have insight is just wrong.

2 minutes ago, beautox said:

If Manny is going to NY then I hope Hahn gets creative and ships Yonder & Colome there.

Yankees get: Yonder & Colome
Sox get: Ellsbury(+8-10M) + Clint Frazier & Estevan Florial.

Why are we acquiring two more OF prospects?  I can get Frazier since he’s major league ready, but Florial just creates an even glut in the minors.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Scott Gregor & Chuck Garfein?

Mark Gonzales was pretty good with this stuff when he covered the Sox for the Tribune. 

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Yeah. He's only been saying he wanted to play for NY for years....no smoke at all. 

That report may be accurate, but we don't know. I'd rather wait for the whole thing to play out than just assume it's over.

3 minutes ago, daggins said:

All the time. Beat guys are all over this stuff.

Nothing is official here, so it could just be bad info, but saying beat guys don't have insight is just wrong.

I was referring to Scott Gregor & Chuck Garfein.