Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

All that tweet is saying is : "According to what happened in USA, Machado is a Yankee"

could be the same rumors from Dan Clarke, etc.

According to what arrives from the USA, it seems that the arrival of Manny Machado to the Yankees is a fact.

i see Clark gave it the good ol 👀, apparently according to underneath the tweets a lot of Venezuelan players follow this guy, idk the legitimacy of it tho

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

At this point, there just is WAY too much smoke to say him going to the Yankees is all but done. I’ll be shocked if it doesn’t get actually confirmed by end of week. 

And absolutely nothing that suggests he’s picking Phillies or WSox

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

At this point, there just is WAY too much smoke to say him going to the Yankees is all but done. I’ll be shocked if it doesn’t get actually confirmed by end of week. 

People keep saying this but there is literally one guy “reporting” this and then the YES Network stuff.  I’m not seeing all this smoke.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

In all honesty, if you believe there is an agenda to any leak, we shouldn’t want him saying he’s going to pick us.

Why would what appears to be a baseball reporter in another country already with 59K followers tweet out a lie?

2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Why would what appears to be a baseball reporter in another country already with 59K followers tweet out a lie?

He probably wouldn't (but maybe he would-- sometimes people lie on the internet for no reason), but it is very possible the he is just relaying stuff he has seen from other people on twitter that may have reason to lie. 

Edited by turnin' two

1 minute ago, NCsoxfan said:

I’m an optimist but a realist. Is there any evidence or rumors that suggest he’s signing with the Sox? My baseline is that he goes to NYY. If I happen to be wrong I’ll be pleasantly surprised. If I’m right I won’t be upset.

Not a single thing.  I will be shocked if it’s not the Yankees.  I will say that I’m confident Hahn knows either way by now.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not a single thing.  I will be shocked if it’s not the Yankees.  I will say that I’m confident Hahn knows either way by now.

Same on the shocked part. I hope I eat crow and Machado signs with us but it doesn’t look promising 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rick12_85/status/1080306912036642817

didnt really clarify anything but according to translation:

Someone asks:

Guillermo, can you clarify? This information you are checking or just repeat the information coming from the USA

response:

According to reports there, they appear to be a matter of time.

Edited by beckham15

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic