Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

Just now, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Obviously the Yankees could still sign Manny, but what’s more curious to me is why Tulo would want to sign with the Yankees knowing that Manny will sign with New York.

Maybe they were the only ones offering a major league deal?  Who knows.  Maybe they got a deal swirling for Andujar and will still need another infielder.  Tulo may not even be good enough to make the damn team.

1 minute ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Obviously the Yankees could still sign Manny, but what’s more curious to me is why Tulo would want to sign with the Yankees knowing that Manny will sign with New York.

Exactly, unless Manny is fine playing 3B and Andujar gets flipped.  If so, call the Yanks and trade Rodon for Andujar

Why this would affect Machado, no idea...certainly, he has to be planning on playing 3B if he's going to sign there.

For Tulo, what better place to receive exposure and a "tryout" of sorts for the first 2-3 months...then the Yankees can move him in June or July back to the NL and get a nice little return on investment.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Exactly, unless Manny is fine playing 3B and Andujar gets flipped.  If so, call the Yanks and trade Rodon for Andujar

That’s what I’m thinking. Either this was Tulo’s only MLB offer, or the Yankees have a couple different potential deals in place where they could flip Andujar for pitching. 

Other than that, I am not sure why Tulo would want to join a crowded infield.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Why this would affect Machado, no idea...certainly, he has to be planning on playing 3B if he's going to sign there.

For Tulo, what better place to receive exposure and a "tryout" of sorts for the first 2-3 months...then the Yankees can move him in June or July back to the NL and get a nice little return on investment.

Cause playing SS was supposedly a bonus to sign with the Yankees.

Just now, KnightsOnMintSt said:

That’s what I’m thinking. Either this was Tulo’s only MLB offer, or the Yankees have a couple different potential deals in place where they could flip Andujar for pitching. 

Other than that, I am not sure why Tulo would want to join a crowded infield.

Wasn't Tulo a Yankees fan growing up? At the very least, he was a huge Jeter fan (plays short, wore #2 because of him).

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I would say Nightengale *possibly* being correct about him not fielding offers yet is way better news for us than them getting Tulo.

Yeah if he’s correct with not fielding offers yet that is HUGE, tulo is irrelevant news

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

I get it from Yankees side, don’t get it at all from tulos sidr, especially on a min deal.

His only option is a min deal. Whatever he gets paid just gets subtracted from what Toronto owes him. He was always going to sign a min deal. 

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They might bring Vizquel up from the AA team if they actually do acquire Andujar to play 3B...highly unlikely to happen, but who the hell knows anymore.

Lol, wat? You come up with some really random shit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic