Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Or maybe they went cheap at SS and shift focus to Harper?  That’s what they should do.

If they are split on Machado like WSD and another dude said, that’d make sense, but I see Andujar being flipped for pitching if anything 

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

The idea would be Vizquel would come and help him work on his defense.

I read it as "Activate Vizquel as a player to compensate, because we need one of the best defensive players ever to cover for Andujar, despite retirement."

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

The idea would be Vizquel would come and help him work on his defense.

I understand that. Still silly. The Sox aren’t trading for Andujar. It’s not even that good of a fit if he costs you Rodon.

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

It would match up with Morosi saying that no "official" deals have been offered yet until January.

I’m grasping at straws trying to hold out hope and this is one of the only ones I can hold onto right now, so hopefully it’s true, but I doubt it

12 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Maybe they were the only ones offering a major league deal?  Who knows.  Maybe they got a deal swirling for Andujar and will still need another infielder.  Tulo may not even be good enough to make the damn team.

I couldn’t imagine for a league minimum deal, a first division team like the Yankees is the only team who offered Tulo a deal. Tulo chose Yankees for a reason. Winning is one of them, playing time should be the other (at least until Didi is back).

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

His only option is a min deal. Whatever he gets paid just gets subtracted from what Toronto owes him. He was always going to sign a min deal. 

That’s not what I meant. It’s that he could sign anywhere (and it may have been BS but there was supposedly good interest after his tryout) and so team fit was really his only selling point. And he chose Yankees whichever aim surprised he thought gave him best shot at PT.

1 minute ago, GREEDY said:

This is weird.

If Tulo can only sign for the minimum why be in a rush to sign?  

The Yankees must have guaranteed him a specific opportunity.  

He is still getting paid bank by the Blue Jays, no one is gonna offer him more than the minimum 

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I couldn’t imagine for a league minimum deal, a first division team like the Yankees is the only team who offered Tulo a deal. Tulo chose Yankees for a reason. Winning is one of them, playing time should be the other (at least until Didi is back).

I bet 10-15 teams minimum were interested in Tulo for $550k. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GREEDY said:

This is weird.

If Tulo can only sign for the minimum why be in a rush to sign?  

The Yankees must have guaranteed him a specific opportunity.  

This too...why not wait until you know you have the interim DiDi spot?

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

That’s not what I meant. It’s that he could sign anywhere (and it may have been BS but there was supposedly good interest after his tryout) and so team fit was really his only selling point. And he chose Yankees whichever aim surprised he thought gave him best shot at PT.

Playing time, same team his idol played for, chance to play on a 90+ win team. Take your pick.

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I understand that. Still silly. The Sox aren’t trading for Andujar. It’s not even that good of a fit if he costs you Rodon.

How is he not a fit? He'd easily be the best 3rd baseman the Sox have had from an offensive standpoint since Joe Crede, and his defense can improve with time. It would also keep Moncada at 2B which is ideal.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sounds like he was told he can play SS. Now it’s just a matter of seeing if they get Manny or trade Andujar.  This should also reaffirm the reports the Yanks front office isn’t all on board with Manny.

Still think it’s bizarre he wouldn’t wait ... 24 hours.

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic