Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

Just now, fathom said:

reputable enough that he has a Dodgers Talk podcast and has Dodgers players on that podcast all the time

Could be a Dodger teammate Manny became close with during his stint there. Hope he's right though.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

"I talked to someone today that's very close to Machado and he thinks he's signing with the White Sox"

word for word what the guy said on the podcast

Fathom your appetite is crazy ha, I hope that bit came right at the beginning of a dodger talk podcast.

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

"I talked to someone today that's very close to Machado and he thinks he's signing with the White Sox"

word for word what the guy said on the podcast

I’ll take a positive nugget however I can get one, but unless that guy is Yonder it’s hard to trust second hand sources.  Dan Clark is the perfect example of that.

8 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Can anyone dig up his Twitter feed or anything else to find it if he's ever scooped things or been right before?

Agreed, Time to send out the verifying minions!  

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

This will be my lone optimistic post for the year, but Vassegh would have far less incentive to plant a story than Clark would have (Clark might not know he was being used if he's wrong).  

Yes, what would be his incentive, besides legit hearing it from a former dodgers teammate? No agenda that I can tell...

Just now, Scoots said:

Well, a lot of people hear think he will sign in the next week or 2, so I guess we will find out soon if this is true. Fingers crossed.

yes, the guy said it should be in the coming week I believe.  Anyone with an iHeart log in can listen to the podcast, as it was after the 10 min mark where he talks about Manny.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

This will be my lone optimistic post for the year, but Vassegh would have far less incentive to plant a story than Clark would have (Clark might not know he was being used if he's wrong).  

Got that out of the way early in the year.

• Haha 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic