Board Rules - A refresher

Quin

On 12/21/2018 at 9:46 AM, Harry Chappas said:

The hotfire dude and peavy are trolls who have lurked for years and are now just hanging around hoping the Sox get neither.  After this whole thing is over we won't hear from them again until the cubs make some noise in some regard or the Sox negatively do.

Sad people buy into their BS and let it affect them.

Big time false information here man. I love the team and want the Sox to get one of them. I ain't refreshing my browser every minute at work just to troll. I'm actually getting worried that I load this site up too often at work. 

Edited by Hot FiRe
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 4:56 PM, Hot FiRe said:

Big time false information here man. I love the team and want the Sox to get one of them. I ain't refreshing my browser every minute at work just to troll. I'm actually getting worried that I load this site up too often at work. 

You are fine until you type in "sextalk.com" instead.

• Haha 2

On 1/1/2019 at 6:56 PM, Hot FiRe said:

Aside from your obsessive undying love for Abreu, you're a fun dude to talk baseball with. 😛

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

SS2K I was the one that laughed at that post.   As for the ratings, what do I know I am now the owner of the "dumbest take in Soxtalk history"!

Bah.  After some of the things I have seen on Soxtalk, I would argue that.  Seriously to this day The Continuing Decline of Mark Buerhle is the all-time hottest take in Soxtalk history..

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bah.  After some of the things I have seen on Soxtalk, I would argue that.  Seriously to this day The Continuing Decline of Mark Buerhle is the all-time hottest take in Soxtalk history..

Seriously, you can't beat this.  Look at the date on the post.  Mark pitched 11 more years after this, and we all know how they looked.

On 4/21/2004 at 2:36 AM, C.Rector said:

Following is the the three year decline of starter Mark Buehrle as evidenced by his stats from 2001, 2002 and 2003 (in order):

ERA: 3.29, 3.58, 4.14

K/BB: 2.63, 2.20, 1.95

K/9IP: 5.12, 5.05, 4.65

BAA: .230, .260, .278

Buehrle’s decline is an indication that his arm is getting progressively tired. One would think that the Sox would opt to limit Buehrle to no more than 5 innings per start or to a strict pitch limit in the 75-100 range or perhaps even place him in the bullpen in order to at least lengthen out his quality service for the team. This is especially the case since Buehrle recently signed a 3-yr. $18 Mil. in guraranteed money contract with the Sox. However, the Sox have not evinced any awareness of Buehrle’s decline and appear to have their problematic pitcher on course towards lengthened stays on the mound.

Up until last night's disaster at Comiskey Park vs. the Yankees, Buehrle was throwing an average 112 pitches per game. Folks, this is Dusty Baker territory. Unless Guillen institutes a strict pitch count on Buehrle, his decline will only continue to worsen.

• Love 1

On 1/11/2019 at 12:07 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Seriously, you can't beat this.  Look at the date on the post.  Mark pitched 11 more years after this, and we all know how they looked.

Eh. It’s dumb...in hindsight. Was it dumb in 2004? At least in terms of ERA, it was understandable, although a little bit panicky, to think MB was dropping off and not a long term anchor at the top of the rotation. He made a decent argument (in that it was based on hard stats) and others made decent arguments against him. No one could have known the next decade would obliterate his entire point.

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Eh. It’s dumb...in hindsight. Was it dumb in 2004? At least in terms of ERA, it was understandable, although a little bit panicky, to think MB was dropping off and not a long term anchor at the top of the rotation. He made a decent argument (in that it was based on hard stats) and others made decent arguments against him. No one could have known the next decade would obliterate his entire point.

Actually he was the only guy who really made the argument without any hindsight.  He was destroyed by Soxtalk at that moment in time, and time proved us all right.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 12:31 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Thanks to the mods.  Also, as I'm prone to it as well maybe we should just have a pinned "Vent and Rant" thread.  Lord knows after the Kopech news myself could have used it as a barf bag.

I know this was a while ago, but I'm going to start a Chicago Sports therapy thread so that we can keep intelligent discussion in the right places and it gives us a spot to be Eeyore about our favorite teams as well, without annoying other posters. It would have been nice. I'm also going to start a Sox fan therapy thread so that we have somewhere to b**** about the team. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 7:54 PM, hi8is said:

THESE RULES ARE NICE AND ALL BUT DID WE SIGN MANNY YET???????

No, we were stealthily chasing Harper.  We were so sophisticatedly stealth, we didn’t even make an offer.  But KW and Bryce allegedly had a moment during the meeting in December and so KW will be following up in 2032.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, bubba phillips said:

Another request.  What's with the quick trigger to remove the game threads?  Gone by early AM after a night game?  I know it's a GAME thread, but there are frequently pages of comments by people long after the game is over.  Especially by those of us who didn't see the game.

They get moved here if you want to read them: http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/forum/86-2019-season-in-review/