Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)

Sleepy Harold

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh, you’re just being a Negative Nancy, was confused because I assumed you posting that had something to do with this actual thread.  My bad boss.

Not negative at all, factual actually.. history tells you this as I presented in my original post

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This site is legit bipolar.  I’m still struggling to see how any of this has to do with Machado.

There's 2 marquee free agents this year. One is named Harper and one is named Machado. The Chicago White Sox were interested in both of these players. Now that Harper looks to be going to the Los Angeles Dodgers, the only one of those 2 names left would be MACHADO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This site is legit bipolar.  I’m still struggling to see how any of this has to do with Machado.

Quit fixating on Machado

It was an add on to my original point, we weren't signing someone to that large of a contract anyways so why are people acting like this trade is what killed it..

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Quit fixating on Machado

It was an add on to my original point, we weren't signing someone to that large of a contract anyways so why are people acting like this trade is what killed it..

No offense, but you have no idea what you’re talking about and multiple people on this site who actully have connections have confirmed we’ve made massive offers to both guys.  But keep hating bro.

6 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

FWIW, The Dodgers were about $14 million under the tax line before this deal, so counting the $7 million they're sending along with these 3 players, all of whom are on 1 year deals, if they want to stay beneath the tax they can't sign anyone with an average value over $33 million unless they make other moves.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m still not convinced this mean Harper is going to the Dodgers.  They still have a fuckton of OFs and this doesn’t change their luxury tax position for 2020 onward.

I agree, as they could be creating room also for Kluber or Realmuto

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m still not convinced this mean Harper is going to the Dodgers.  They still have a fuckton of OFs and this doesn’t change their luxury tax position for 2020 onward.

I for one appreciate the optimism, but it's all but done. Harper will be a dodger, there's no reason they would trade Puig to sign pollock. Dodgers/Harper is all but confirmed. And I highly doubt machado signs with us. RaBBit was right. They wait their whole careers for this moment, and they aren't going to sign with a rebuilding white sox

Just now, turnin' two said:

I want to be optimistic with you, but I just, well, this all sets up so perfectly.  

All the rumors said they were against doing a crazy long term contract with him.  This doesn’t change that in the slightest IMO.  I still think Kluber is their more likely target.