Take a guess --- Next years top 100

Which Sox prospects do you expect to be in the top 100 next year?  And where do you see them ranked?

Top 10-20 Range:

I expect Kopech, Cease and Robert to all be in this category.  Kopech may fall a little due to injury, but it shouldn't change his projection much at all.  I think Cease has a year that really answers all the questions (seriously are there still questions????) and he propels himself into the top 10 range.  I think it will be similar with Robert.  He will finally be completely healthy (knock on wood), and he will put all his athleticism and skills together and have a monster year.

30-40 Range

I think here the Sox will place Madrigal.  I think he continues to display the skills we all know he has, getting tons of hits, swiping some bags, limiting his K's, and playing great defense.  His lack of power will limit how high he can climb on a list like this, but not how effective he can be on the field.

I also think Dunning will be in this range.  He will continue to do what he has always done,  get outs.  Except this time at a higher level.

40-50 Range

I would guess this is where the new guy fits.  Overall number 3, come on down.  Who knows. 

50-60

Wild Card!!!!  Miker Adolfo.  Miker will come back strong, and bash baseballs all over the Southern League.  Scouts will not be able to ignore what he has become and he will jump into the middle of the top 100.

Blake Rutherford.  Blake continues to get hits and rack up doubles.  I wouldn't expect him to hit a bunch of homers in Birmingham, but he will get his XBH, and show all the skills that have put him in the top 100 the prior years.  The lack of HR, prevents him from moving higher, but I think that changes a year from now. 

70-80

Collins finds his way back into the top 100.  His profile still isn't perfect, but he has stuck at C, reached base nearly 40% of the time, and hit more bombs.  He finds the dimensions at Charlotte especially to his liking.  

90-100

I think Basabe finds his way into the top 100.  Another strong season showing speed and power.  He shows offensive promise and the tools to stick in CF.  The hit too still is shaky at times, but the positives are too much to ignore.

Alec Hansen.  Hansen is going to bounce back.  He will dominate the Southern League and get bumped up to Charlotte.  Despite his massive performance, his 2018 will still haunt scouts so he won't get as high as he deserves.

Wild Card!!!!!! I think Amado Nunez will sneak into the top 100 as he continues to rake in full season ball.

Those are my guesses.  Am I being optimistic?  Sure.  What's the harm in that.  They are prospects, and dang if I'm not going to be overly excited about them.

Did I miss anyone?  You think Gonzalez, Walker, Tyler Johnson, or Burger make it?  Luis Curbelo?  Medeiros?  What are your guesses?  Did I mis-place anyone?  

(For the record, I think Gonzalez will be just outside as his age holds him back, Johnson will be on the outside because he is a reliever, and I am not sure what to make of Walker and Burger.  Mederios, I think, will play well, but not make the list.)

Edited by turnin' two

If I had to guess right now, here’s what I’m thinking assuming eligibility:

• Luis Robert, CF (Top 10)
  • Michael Kopech, RHP (Top 20)
  • Dylan Cease, RHP (Top 20)
  • Nick Madrigal, 2B (Top 30)
  • Micker Adolfo, OF (Top 50)
  • Dane Dunning, RHP (Top 60)
  • Luis Basabe, OF (Top 80)
  • Luis Gonzalez, OF (Top 90)
  • Jimmy Lambert, RHP (Top 100)
  • Steele Walker, OF (Top 100)
Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If I had to guess right now, here’s what I’m thinking assuming eligibility:

• Luis Robert, CF (Top 10)
  • Michael Kopech, RHP (Top 20)
  • Dylan Cease, RHP (Top 20)
  • Nick Madrigal, 2B (Top 30)
  • Micker Adolfo, OF (Top 50)
  • Dane Dunning, RHP (Top 60)
  • Luis Basabe, OF (Top 80)
  • Luis Gonzalez, OF (Top 90)
  • Jimmy Lambert, RHP (Top 100)
  • Steele Walker, OF (Top 100)

Adolfo is really going to have to rake in a Jimenez way to justify that ranking...especially since he is likely to DH for most of the first half.   His viability to play RF is almost completely dependent on his arm/elbow.

Dunning’s going to be in that same “prove it” situation, along with Collins/Rutherford/Burdi/Hansen/Sheets.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:13 PM, turnin' two said:

Which Sox prospects do you expect to be in the top 100 next year?  And where do you see them ranked?

Top 10-20 Range:

I expect Kopech, Cease and Robert to all be in this category.  Kopech may fall a little due to injury, but it shouldn't change his projection much at all.  I think Cease has a year that really answers all the questions (seriously are there still questions????) and he propels himself into the top 10 range.  I think it will be similar with Robert.  He will finally be completely healthy (knock on wood), and he will put all his athleticism and skills together and have a monster year.

30-40 Range

I think here the Sox will place Madrigal.  I think he continues to display the skills we all know he has, getting tons of hits, swiping some bags, limiting his K's, and playing great defense.  His lack of power will limit how high he can climb on a list like this, but not how effective he can be on the field.

I also think Dunning will be in this range.  He will continue to do what he has always done,  get outs.  Except this time at a higher level.

40-50 Range

I would guess this is where the new guy fits.  Overall number 3, come on down.  Who knows. 

50-60

Wild Card!!!!  Miker Adolfo.  Miker will come back strong, and bash baseballs all over the Southern League.  Scouts will not be able to ignore what he has become and he will jump into the middle of the top 100.

Blake Rutherford.  Blake continues to get hits and rack up doubles.  I wouldn't expect him to hit a bunch of homers in Birmingham, but he will get his XBH, and show all the skills that have put him in the top 100 the prior years.  The lack of HR, prevents him from moving higher, but I think that changes a year from now. 

70-80

Collins finds his way back into the top 100.  His profile still isn't perfect, but he has stuck at C, reached base nearly 40% of the time, and hit more bombs.  He finds the dimensions at Charlotte especially to his liking.  

90-100

I think Basabe finds his way into the top 100.  Another strong season showing speed and power.  He shows offensive promise and the tools to stick in CF.  The hit too still is shaky at times, but the positives are too much to ignore.

Alec Hansen.  Hansen is going to bounce back.  He will dominate the Southern League and get bumped up to Charlotte.  Despite his massive performance, his 2018 will still haunt scouts so he won't get as high as he deserves.

Wild Card!!!!!! I think Amado Nunez will sneak into the top 100 as he continues to rake in full season ball.

Those are my guesses.  Am I being optimistic?  Sure.  What's the harm in that.  They are prospects, and dang if I'm not going to be overly excited about them.

Did I miss anyone?  You think Gonzalez, Walker, Tyler Johnson, or Burger make it?  Luis Curbelo?  Medeiros?  What are your guesses?  Did I mis-place anyone?  

(For the record, I think Gonzalez will be just outside as his age holds him back, Johnson will be on the outside because he is a reliever, and I am not sure what to make of Walker and Burger.  Mederios, I think, will play well, but not make the list.)

That's 12 top 100 guys. That seems very optimistic to me.

My guesses would be, by June (since you're factoring in our 2019 1st RD draft pick)

Kopech, Robert, Cease, Madrigal, *NEW GUY*, Dunning, Adolfo, Basabe will be top 100 guys on all lists.

And then I think Collins and maybe Rutherford will be on maybe a list or two, possibly instead of Basabe.

I don't think Hansen has a prayer to make a mid-season list. MAYBE an end-of-year list if he shoves and dominates AA in his 2017 form again.

On 12/25/2018 at 1:22 AM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

That's 12 top 100 guys. That seems very optimistic to me.

My guesses would be, by June (since you're factoring in our 2019 1st RD draft pick)

Kopech, Robert, Cease, Madrigal, *NEW GUY*, Dunning, Adolfo, Basabe will be top 100 guys on all lists.

And then I think Collins and maybe Rutherford will be on maybe a list or two, possibly instead of Basabe.

I don't think Hansen has a prayer to make a mid-season list. MAYBE an end-of-year list if he shoves and dominates AA in his 2017 form again.

Yeah, I said it was optimistic.  I intended it to be about a year from now, so year end.  

I would say Eloy, Kopech and Cease in every top 20 to start the year. Robert and Madrigal in the 30-60 range for almost every publication. Adolfo and Dunning in the 50-100 range in multiple publications as well. Those are their top 7 prospects in some order. We could see Collins (Fangraphs), Rutherford (MLBPipeline) or Basabe possibly slide in as well. 

7 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I would say Eloy, Kopech and Cease in every top 20 to start the year. Robert and Madrigal in the 30-60 range for almost every publication. Adolfo and Dunning in the 50-100 range in multiple publications as well. Those are their top 7 prospects in some order. We could see Collins (Fangraphs), Rutherford (MLBPipeline) or Basabe possibly slide in as well. 

You're dreaming, Jimmy.  Basabe is probably a dream, too.

8 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Do some research before typing nonsense. 

I did.  We both know what Collins hit last season.  I say it's not worthy of Top 100. Just my opinion.  Plus, there will be another draft in June, and there are probably 20 or so unnamed prospects in that group that will vault ahead of Collins, including at least one catcher.  I hope he proves me wrong.  And, even if I'm right, he can still be a good major league player.

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

I did.  We both know what Collins hit last season.  I say it's not worthy of Top 100. Just my opinion.  Plus, there will be another draft in June, and there are probably 20 or so unnamed prospects in that group that will vault ahead of Collins, including at least one catcher.  I hope he proves me wrong.  And, even if I'm right, he can still be a good major league player.

Nice rant, but you are 100% wrong on your attack of Jimmy.