Sox still in the running for Harper/Machado

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Sox have a move in place. I dont know what it is, but they have one. Guessing it will be announced after Christmas. #sources

Boy  i hope  u are correct, this team needs to improve asap, the organization needs it, the fan base needs it, and this dedicated fan site needs it. Boy i hope it is something we can be proud of.

2 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Boy  i hope  u are correct, this team needs to improve asap, the organization needs it, the fan base needs it, and this dedicated fan site needs it. Boy i hope it is something we can be proud of.

Probably bringing back Davidson and avi lol

Edited by aeichhor
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

LBJ (although it sounds more like a Hawkism) said, ‘Sometimes you just have to hunker down like a jackass in a hailstorm and just take it.”

So that’s where we are.

We need to start being  smart and aggressive, enough of being vanilla, this management owes it to this fan base, we have waited enough, we deserve it, do not let them off, they r making a lot of money, us fans deserve  to be proud , we are the White Sox, enough of this 2nd team stuff, LET'S GO

1 hour ago, whitesoxbrad said:

There was something that's been in the works for two weeks and escalated very quickly this past weekend. All I got.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

I would be surprised with what appears he has numerous options with world series teams he would choose us, but if that was the case, then great.

He has the opportunity to be a closer with us....not for sure who else out there is in on him but that combined with money....that helps a little too

12 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Sox have a move in place. I dont know what it is, but they have one. Guessing it will be announced after Christmas. #sources

I don't see them leaving Chicago.  Maybe moving in the fences  w a short right field porch for Harper and a short left field wall for Machado. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What about Kikuchi?  He was posted on the 3rd and has to agree to a contract by January 2nd.  That’s something that could have “escalated quickly over the last two weeks” and could be expected to be announced before New Years.

My guess is abreu to houston for Davis or fisher, and minor leaguer, that's my guess.

10 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

There was something that's been in the works for two weeks and escalated very quickly this past weekend. All I got.

Yasmani Grandal  because we are cornering the market on players whose names start with Y and Cubans ,He's also very close to Alonso . Would be so much fun if Alonso got us Grandal and Machado. If that happened I'd pick up his 2nd year right away.

BTW I don't really believe this. When everyone was believing it I said not gonna happen because of the lost pick draft and Castillo being a Manny bud wasn't going to be knocked out of the starting catchers gig. But I gotta admit it's a fun thought.