Sox still in the running for Harper/Machado

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, aeichhor said:

Interesting line in the article where he says neither player prefers Philadelphia and wanted the Yankees. We heard the lack of interest in Philadelphia from Harper supposedly but, this is news from Machado isnt it?

If Philly offers way more money I'm sure he'll get over it but, very interesting if true on Manny.

@Buehrle>Wood just seen your tag from the other thread. Wasn’t that crazy back then when soxtalk went world wide. Sports illustrated called it a “rumor” but in fact it was all true in the end. It’s been years since I posted but I always follow here. I just haven’t logged in under my name in very long time. I wish I had something good to pass on....Just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.  Maybe I will be back to posting more often now. I got the itch! Heck I think I was one of the very first members here back in the day.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, spataro51 said:

@Buehrle>Wood just seen your tag from the other thread. Wasn’t that crazy back then when soxtalk went world wide. Sports illustrated called it a “rumor” but in fact it was all true in the end. It’s been years since I posted but I always follow here. I just haven’t logged in under my name in very long time. I wish I had something good to pass on....Just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.  Maybe I will be back to posting more often now. I got the itch! Heck I think I was one of the very first members here back in the day.

What’s up BJ. It’s Tim. Forgot you were on this site. 

You should not be so modest and introduce yourself as That Soxtalk member who was in sports illustrated and retell the whole story from your perspective. I'm sure many would love to hear it and ask questions,

Great to see a familiar poster again! You put in your work brother. Hopefully we see you around these parts more often (I think I was J.Reedfan8 last time you were here).

2 hours ago, spataro51 said:

Man...that was so long ago.  You were definitely one of the first...in fact I don't think Soxtalk would ever have became what it was if it weren't for members coming here after you shut your site down (god its been so long I forget the name of your old site)?  

I think this is where things are at with Machado. 

Phillies have been eliminated. Manny is choosing between the Yankees and White Sox. Sox have the better offer, but Manny has always wanted to be a Yankee. 

Manny is deciding if he should take the money and bet on a young core, or take less money and play for a sure thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, timbo8 said:

did i miss something when did the phillies get eliminated

Reports (and take them with a grain of salt) state both Manny and Bryce neither one like Philly. One reporter on MLB-N stated Harper was yelled at by a Philly construction worker to "do the right thing". Take it FWIW. 

39 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Reports (and take them with a grain of salt) state both Manny and Bryce neither one like Philly. One reporter on MLB-N stated Harper was yelled at by a Philly construction worker to "do the right thing". Take it FWIW. 

That would be Machado who was told that and I don’t think it bothered him that much as he ended up taking a photo with the guy

• Like 1