Pending White Sox Move? (*May contain partially digested news)

Chicago White Sox

27 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Ottavino is 33, so I guess I see the hesitation on 3 years....although that would probably be no riskier than 1/2 year each on Alonso, Herrera, Jones, Cargo and others with tangible downward trends..

No, three year deals are always riskier than one year deals.  I know you hate vets, but arguing this is quite frankly ridiculous.

Is this move actually happening?  I really, really hope it’s bullshit.  Ex-Royals are the absolute worst.  It’s like they’ve been cursed by that gypsie lady from Drag Me to Hell.  I know Herrera was on the Nationals for a few months, but that’s not nearly long enough to wipe off that Royals stank.  Three years minimum outside of KC before you can even consider bringing one of those chumps to the South Side.  Let’s just hope Hahn is smart enough to realize this so we can avoid the fan revolt that would certainly result from Herrera’s pending flop.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No, three year deals are always riskier than one year deals.  I know you hate vets, but arguing this is quite frankly ridiculous.

What???  No they aren't.  Depends on the player.

I don't hate vets - Ottavino is a vet and I hope the Sox sign him.  i wanted the Sox to sign Charlie Morton.  What I hate (in most circumstances) are declining vets....because that trend is far more likely to continue than it is to reverse.

Edited by GreenSox

17 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Greg and I were referring to him as a closer, which he didn’t end up doing as a member of the White Sox more than once or twice.

It’s okay, if they sign Herrera, you will still be hearing how Greg will refuse to buy MLB Extra Innings or concession items and souvenirs at the ballpark this year.

Without Harper or Machado, the only reason to watch this season is Jimenez and Moncada.  If they were smart, they would realize how much value there is adding a name player that would take the pressure off all those young guys.

You said something ridiculous and incorrect.  Don't just keep throwing more ridiculous at it.  Just accept it and move on.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 2:16 PM, Jose Abreu said:

It usually means that they just want attention

On 1/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, KiwiSox said:

People just gonna keep falling for this garbage forever and ever.

On 1/4/2019 at 4:16 PM, iWiN4PreP said:

Yeah, we have a new clown here. Nice going attention whore Chilli! 

On 1/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, KiwiSox said:

🙄at people who still fall for this.

On 1/4/2019 at 5:12 PM, peavy44 said:

This guy has nothing hes another dan clark

On 1/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, Hot FiRe said:

Joe may be the best damn nicknamer south of I-290, but he doesnt have the best sauces

I've been at work all day, so props to those who have already said something, but for all of you above..... :)

giphy.gif

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I've been at work all day, so props to those who have already said something, but for all of you above..... :)

giphy.gif

For the record, I never doubted your sources... I was upset with the way you went about it. Publicly saying "Hey look at me, I know something, but hey guys, I can't tell you!!!"

That screamed attention whore. 

But, glad to see you were on point. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

You both are terrible with nicknames. Lets not get carried away here.

Also, I'm not sure if I ever made any nicknames here. Don't knock it until I make one for a Sox player. I created the Drain Duo for McDermott and Mirotic, which would have been cool if they both panned out as planned. Unfortunately McDermott was a bust. 

7 hours ago, Hot FiRe said:

Also, I'm not sure if I ever made any nicknames here. Don't knock it until I make one for a Sox player. I created the Drain Duo for McDermott and Mirotic, which would have been cool if they both panned out as planned. Unfortunately McDermott was a bust. 

Sounds more like a plumbing company, ala Roto Rooter.