Pending White Sox Move? (*May contain partially digested news)

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s either a bullpen piece, a starter, or an OF that theoretically can play CF.  My guesses would be:

• Ottavino
  • Herrera
  • Allen
  • Pomeranz
  • Gonzalez
  • Adam Jones (yikes)

Danny Valencia as a bench bat/platoon with Alonso. #friendsofmachado

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, elwood5892 said:

I’m going to say it’s Pollack. That will send this board into meltdown. Haha. 

I'd be fine with it if it is reasonable. He has some red flags, but it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. 

Edit: NVM. I didn't realize he has a qualifying offer attached to him. Screw that.

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS

58 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

No, I'm not ready. I don't want to steal BW's scoop. I already DID message him earlier. I would have made a new thread if I just wanted attention. 

And don't act like no one has ever posted "👀👀" before without divulging all of the information they have. Even Buehrle Wood said "that's all I have" and then later came back with more info that a White Sox exec was called home early from holiday to address business. 

I'm just trying not to steal BW's thunder, but I also want to be on the record that I had a scoop from the same source that some have doubted from a couple of weeks ago. If BW doesn't get back to me by tonight, or doesn't think it's related, then I'll go ahead and post a new thread tonight with the scoop, considering it's possible something happens tomorrow.

Until then, feel free to ignore it. No reason to get all upset. 

EDIT: All this being said, it's not some blockbuster move. Another reason why I didn't both making a thread for it. It would just be another piece.

I too think the White Sox will sign another player...in the future for sure....maybe even this year. 

6 minutes ago, elwood5892 said:

I’m going to say it’s Pollack. That will send this board into meltdown. Haha. 

I may be in the minority, but unless it’s just an instantly horrible deal, I’d like it. 3/$50M would be a great get for Pollock in my opinion. Yes he’s a risk, but we have nothing in CF for the most optimistic a year and a half. Who knows if Robert can hack it in CF or stay healthy enough himself. Engel is a fine 2nd division 4th/5th OF because he is very good out there, but he’s the poorest of poor man Kiermaier. 

Pollock has shown the ability to be a very good regular at the big league level. For $50M, I think it’s a good move. If it turns out we have too many OF in 2020, that’s not the worst thing in the world. 

Sign me up. But I’d consider that a major move and it doesn’t seem to me that’s what it is. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I may be in the minority, but unless it’s just an instantly horrible deal, I’d like it. 3/$50M would be a great get for Pollock in my opinion. Yes he’s a risk, but we have nothing in CF for the most optimistic a year and a half. Who knows if Robert can hack it in CF or stay healthy enough himself. Engel is a fine 2nd division 4th/5th OF because he is very good out there, but he’s the poorest of poor man Kiermaier. 

Pollock has shown the ability to be a very good regular at the big league level. For $50M, I think it’s a good move. If it turns out we have too many OF in 2020, that’s not the worst thing in the world. 

Sign me up. But I’d consider that a major move and it doesn’t seem to me that’s what it is. 

100% agree, although make it 3/$49M so it costs a lesser pick.