Pending White Sox Move? (*May contain partially digested news)

Chicago White Sox

In an ideal world Jose would just stay at DH because defensively Yonder is superior. Nelson Cruz would have been interesting on that 1 year deal.  In 26 innings in the outfield he was actually +1 in DRS which is curious. I'm sure that wouldn't have remained there but interesting to mention. 

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

But the only things we have heard about since the winter meetings is Ottavino and Machado's visit which is why I think it's one or the other. Still would be fun if it was something we haven't heard anything about. Unexpected surprises are the best.

Expected surprises are rare but I get what you mean. Any deal would be of interest.

Does anyone else want the Sox to stay away from Kikuchi? I don't know a whole lot about him, but it seems as if he's had his fair share of injury concerns. And his Japanese Leage stats aren't even close to being as good as Masahiro Tanaka or even Kenta Maeda. Just seems like a risky move to me.

Edited by Whitesox27

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Does anyone else want the Sox to stay away from Kikuchi? I don't know a whole lot about him, but it seems as if he's had his fair share of injury concerns. And his Japanese Leage stats aren't even close to being as good as Masahiro Tanaka or even Kenta Maeda. Just seems like a risky move to me.

If he signs for a similar amount as Maeda, I'd absolutely take a chance on him.

55 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Which numbers do we look at to translate the best from league to league? His K/9 and K/BB and Hits/9 ratios are at least comparable to Maeda, his numbers aren't as dominant as Tanaka but Tanaka's numbers in the US are always going to be affected by his elbow going out year 1, and I don't know if there's anything else behind it but Kikuchi's innings totals aren't nearly as ridiculous as Tanaka or Maeda. 186 innings as an 18 years old for Tanaka, 193 as a 21 year old for Maeda, 187 as a 26 year old for Kikuchi. 

1 hour ago, Whitesox27 said:

Salary should be reasonable. I don't see much downside risk and the Sox are in a position to make these kind of moves.
I hope they sign him.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Expected surprises are rare but I get what you mean. Any deal would be of interest.

Ha  when a rumor actually comes true orit's a player who we could figure it out that's what I call an expected surprise .A trade or signing out of the blue with no rumor attached I call an unexpected surprise.

Just now, aeichhor said:

I'm surprised sox haven't been linked tho I think the Yankees are wanting a higher end spect

Their asking price has been way too high. Only the Brewers are supposedly talking to them. Offer Palka and Jordan Stephens . If they do trade Gray I'd be shocked if they get a high end prospect. Only 1 year before he becomes a FA and had a bad year,

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Their asking price has been way too high. Only the Brewers are supposedly talking to them. Offer Palka and Jordan Stephens . If they do trade Gray I'd be shocked if they get a high end prospect. Only 1 year before he becomes a FA and had a bad year,

I wouldn't want to give that up for Gray.

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Did I miss something? Watching MLB Network and Morosi says the White Sox are one of the teams  interested in Encarnacion??? Anyone else see this??

I just posted about this in another thread. You heard correctly Morosi said exactly that, can he still play some 3rd base or is he strictly a 1B/DH now a days

Edited by beckham15