Sox interested in Encarnacion per Morosi

Vote4Pedro

Just now, fathom said:

Not saying it wouldn't hurt, but I can't see Mariners giving up Haniger without getting some pitching prospects back.  With Dunning's elbow and Hansen's yips, unfortunately Cease is really the only one with significant trade value.  

Trading Cease for Haniger is just a bad idea. I'd rather get Mallex Smith back and give them something inconsequential. The Sox desperately need a CF to replace Engel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beckham15 said:

Morosi said on hot stove the White Sox are in on trying to acquire Edwin encarnacion, thoughts? 

No, unless they are moving Abreu....and there appear to be openings in that regard if they are so inclined.

But still no....the love for aging players on 2 year contracts...

And for goodness sakes don't trade pitching.

Edited by GreenSox

47 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Encarnacion is going to make 20 million in 2019. Just saw that on MlB. At 35 does anybody think he's worth that much money . . . and whomever we trade for him. I don't think so. 

No based off his contract and buy out he is under water about 9M.

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This story also says the Sox are looking at Martinez of the Cardinals, who has no real position now and started in the Sox organization I believe:

https://www.mlb.com/news/2018-2019-mlb-free-agents-and-trade-rumors/c-297641124?tid=282421090

He’s a DH only. If Sox really are interested in these guys, then they are 100 percent trading one of Jose or Alonso.