White Sox move up to 6th on pro sports misery index

caulfield12

1 minute ago, SpringfieldFan said:

I don't know, there is still a much brighter future now than during those endless 90 loss seasons in the 70's with "stars" like Harry Chappas, but somehow it just seems like those days were a whole lot more fun.

SFF

At least you had the 1977 White Sox.  Disco Demolition and Veeck’s antics.   The crazy jerseys.  The historic park in its final days, collapsing by the year.  Andy the Clown.  The ability to actually afford taking your entire family to a game every other weekend, and buy them something from the concession stand.  A completely non-corporate feel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

God does this site need a new positive rumor today 

http://texasrangerstrades.blogspot.com/2006/12/mccarthy-acquired-and-danks-traded_30.html

Well, we just hit the 12 year anniversary of the Danks/McCarthy trade...do you really expect anything to happen on December 31st, where it would get buried in the news?

MLB needs to be more strategic than that.

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

At least you had the 1977 White Sox.  Disco Demolition and Veeck’s antics.   The crazy jerseys.  The historic park in its final days, collapsing by the year.  Andy the Clown.  The ability to actually afford taking your entire family to a game every other weekend, and buy them something from the concession stand.  A completely non-corporate feel.

Now you are just full of it if you are trying to sell that the 70s were good for Sox baseball while at the same time bemoaning the results of the modern era.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This fanbase has unrealistic expectations. They think that anything short of a title is a complete and utter failure, then don't watch sports. Those types of expectations are why the fanbase is perpetually miserable.

?  The Sox haven’t played a single playoff game in the last 10 years and have shown little to no accountability for that poor performance.  That’s why our fanbase is “perpetually miserable”, not because of a World Series or bust mentality.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ptatc said:

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

?  The Sox haven’t played a single playoff game in the last 10 years and have shown little to no accountability for that poor performance.  That’s why our fanbase is “perpetually miserable”, not because of a World Series or bust mentality.

Yes. At this point, I'll just take going to the game thinking they should win that day.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And there is number one, right one cue.

The only thing on cue was your tired, predictable, and sanctimonious comment about the fan base.  You never miss an opportunity to slide in your miscalculated view on the matter in threads like this one.  Always the angry response from you when it comes to one of the most patient fan bases in all of professional sports.  Why is that?  Why so much hostility from you towards this fan base all of the time?

Edited by Fan O'Faust

Just now, Fan O'Faust said:

The only thing on cue was your tired, predictable, and sanctimonious comment about the fan base.  You never miss an opportunity to slide in your miscalculated view on the matter in threads like this one.  Always the angry response from you when it comes to one of the most patient fan bases in all of professional sports.  Why is that?  Why so much hostility from you towards the fan base all of the time?

Pot, meet kettle.  There is only one of us holding a four decade grudge.

9 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

This fanbase has unrealistic expectations. They think that anything short of a title is a complete and utter failure, then don't watch sports. Those types of expectations are why the fanbase is perpetually miserable.

You gotta admit. Greg has been consistent. I always have wanted us to win and not tank/rebuild. I just want us to become contenders again. That's not too much to ask of a fanbase. If we keep losing at this rate, let's say we lose 90 or more again this year, it's really settling in that we are the dregs. I realize the Astros proved you can turn it around when the rebuild is complete, but folks, it's time we start to get good again. I don't think our fanbase is that bad at all. The games I watch on mlb.com, our fans were pretty into the games we were competitive in last year. Sad thing is there were too many games that were over by the fifth inning. But in the games we won at home or competed, our fans deserve credit. They cheered loudly. Mr. Hahn has to speed this rebuild up just a little bit me thinks! Go SOX.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You gotta admit. Greg has been consistent. I always have wanted us to win and not tank/rebuild. I just want us to become contenders again. That's not too much to ask of a fanbase. If we keep losing at this rate, let's say we lose 90 or more again this year, it's really settling in that we are the dregs. I realize the Astros proved you can turn it around when the rebuild is complete, but folks, it's time we start to get good again. I don't think our fanbase is that bad at all. The games I watch on mlb.com, our fans were pretty into the games we were competitive in last year. Sad thing is there were too many games that were over by the fifth inning. But in the games we won at home or competed, our fans deserve credit. They cheered loudly. Mr. Hahn has to speed this rebuild up just a little bit me thinks! Go SOX.

Greg you are correct, you make a lot of sense, it's about time that we should expect to win , these are not children, they are grown men. GO SOX.

On 12/31/2018 at 2:23 PM, Tony said:

Oh.My.God. 

Forgive me for throwing my rational hat out of the window for a couple months. 

I was frustrated over Kopech/Bears-Packers @Lambeau in a 48 hour period. 

the sports equivalent of the Rodney King beating and then having the people that beat you piss on you as you lay bleeding in the middle of the road. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Forgive me for throwing my rational hat out of the window for a couple months. 

I was frustrated over Kopech/Bears-Packers @Lambeau in a 48 hour period. 

the sports equivalent of the Rodney King beating and then having the people that beat you piss on you as you lay bleeding in the middle of the road. 

I can't get anything that equates a sporting event to Rodney King. 

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can't get anything that equates a sporting event to Rodney King. 

I understand what you mean. Maybe a bit too graphic. I meant it in no way as the political stuff involved, just the physical act of getting your ass beat with no way to fight back and then getting pissed on when lying in the street. I shouldn't have used his name, I should have described the act of getting your ass beat to a pulp by an angry mob. way too insensitive I agree. 

Edited by Jack Parkman