**Movies that we Watch** Thread

Brian

On 7/25/2022 at 7:59 PM, KrankinSox said:

Watched "The Black Phone". Pretty good, not great. Worth seeing if you like Stephen King type stories. It's based off of a story written by his son.

Anyone seen "Nope" yet? Heard mixed things but mostly positive.

I was pretty disappointed in NOPE. Maybe I set my expectations too high because I love GET OUT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched three movies this week. Two of them older ones but I had never seen them before.

"All The President's Men" Solid movie. Good watch, especially for someone like me who wasn't alive for Watergate. Was interesting to see how it all played out.

"Snatch" Loved this movie. Clever, funny, and well-written.

"What is a Woman?" Great doc. Really eye-opening. Highly Recommend. 

Edited by KrankinSox
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 8:17 AM, Bob Sacamano said:

I liked Nope but agree that it was the weakest of Jordan Peele's 3 movies (Get Out, Us, Nope).

Didn’t much care for it, wouldn’t watch it again. Didn’t really like Us either, Get Out was top notch. 

The Gray Man could very easily have been a Michael Bay movie.  Big over the top action, budget, will eventually bankrupt Netflix at this rate.  (Only their Kdramas (Netflix Asia) are successful from a P-L standpoint.  So many get pirated and are viewed in China with no profits coming back.)

But enjoyed Gosling, Thornton, Evans and de Armas..definitely no relation to de Aza in any way, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

I like adding digital movies . Recently got Bad Mom's Christmas for free. Was actually funny. Everything Everywhere All at Once I liked. Morbius eh, Doctor Strange MOM liked it but I think watching WandaVision on Disney+ helped.

Spiderman No Way Home loved it. I'm a sucker for bringing back all the old Villians and old Spidermans in the same way I was thrilled with Ghostbusters Afterlife.

2 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I hold the OG predator in high regards, so o agree Prey is probably the best since the OG, but still far behind. 

Same for me. Prey was entertaining, about what I thought it would be. Definitely better than the last one but I guess I was expecting more? But I don’t even know what I want. 

11 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It’s the second best in the Predator series, and very close to the first

No no no.

The concept and budget were fine for what it was…definitely felt more big screen than something on The CW, but it was essentially a female empowerment story mixed with colonialists are the bad guys.  Nothing exactly original or unique.

The Native American actress was excellent, though.

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

No no no.

The concept and budget were fine for what it was…definitely felt more big screen than something on The CW, but it was essentially a female empowerment story mixed with colonialists are the bad guys.  Nothing exactly original or unique.

The Native American actress was excellent, though.

Caulfield it’s my opinion. shut the fuck up dude

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Caulfield it’s my opinion. shut the fuck up dude

So if I write the same thing to someone (obviously not a mod) who disagrees with an opinion about baseball, I can write exactly as you have.

Great to know, got it.

Because if a mild argument over movies is enough to get this response, god help having any legitimate discussions.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So if I write the same thing to someone (obviously not a mod) who disagrees with an opinion about baseball, I can write exactly as you have.

Great to know, got it.

Because if a mild argument over movies is enough to get this response, god help having any legitimate discussions.

It wasn’t a disagreement it was you telling me I was wrong.  I don’t care what you think about the movie, I enjoyed it a lot.  

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Great to know, got it.

Listing out 18 random names that have nothing to do with any topic that was previously being talked about doesn’t count as “legitimate discussion.” 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Vengeance was really good. Thought I’d like it but not this much. Strong by BJ Novak.

Bullet Train was just ok. Some bad CGI but mindless fun mostly. Couple of good cameos. Hope caufield agrees with me.

Edited by Brian

On 8/7/2022 at 12:05 PM, Tony said:

Listing out 18 random names that have nothing to do with any topic that was previously being talked about doesn’t count as “legitimate discussion.” 

Yes, because that’s exactly how I discuss movies…

So let’s ask Brian to come up an example of one movie where I vehemently disagreed with him?

One name.  Brian.  Fellow SoxTalk member.

Am I allowed to write a poster’s name or is that some type of sacrosanct violation.

Also, please provide supporting evidence or examples of cursing at other posters.

Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen.

On 8/7/2022 at 8:45 PM, Brian said:

Vengeance was really good. Thought I’d like it but not this much. Strong by BJ Novak.

Bullet Train was just ok. Some bad CGI but mindless fun mostly. Couple of good cameos. Hope caufield agrees with me.

You didn’t even spell that one name right.  Did you not read The Catcher in the Rye during high school lit class…?

Oh, our fallen youth.

“Bullet Train is infuriatingly pleased with itself. And ground zero for this implosion of self-satisfaction is Pitt.“

It’s not as clever as it believes itself to be, but the action alone was almost worth it.  Too many characters/cameos, too many doubles crosses.  Probably about 15-20 minutes too long.  Too much Thomas, not enough Japan.

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Yes, because that’s exactly how I discuss movies…

So let’s ask Brian to come up an example of one movie where I vehemently disagreed with him?

One name.  Brian.  Fellow SoxTalk member.

Am I allowed to write a poster’s name or is that some type of sacrosanct violation.

Also, please provide supporting evidence or examples of cursing at other posters.

Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen.

Oddly still haven’t responded to your ban bet. Weird…