Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

**Movies that we Watch** Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

One of the few movies in recent memory that I actually turned off.

Same experience. Gave it a chance repeatedly fighting that urge for over an hour but it was just awful… so finally I took Bill Hicks advice,

”Say piece of shit and walk away.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CODA is excellent. Got a little dusty in the room at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Many Saints of Newark Review:

 

IT STINKS!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit up the new Venom movie with 2 of my boys this afternoon...it was alright.  Only a bit longer than 90 minutes or so and I like that!  Get in get out when it comes to that genre for me!  My boys enjoyed it and therefore so did I!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tony said:

My Many Saints of Newark Review:

 

IT STINKS!

I just don't think I can watch this film because the entire time I will be thinking about how much I miss the Sopranos!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

I just don't think I can watch this film because the entire time I will be thinking about how much I miss the Sopranos!  

Honestly, it’s so far from the show, I don’t think it will bring back too much nostalgia haha. 
 

Movie is just all over the place. Not even sure there was really a plot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony said:

My Many Saints of Newark Review:

 

IT STINKS!

I’m in the “it’s okay” camp. Definitely came off better the 2nd time watching it but yea it’s not super fluid. With Chase signing a deal with HBO there will definitely be a sequel so we’ll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Saints literally the only thing worth while is the plot twist at the end. The extra clip at the end makes sense only if they are planning another movie/show. It was interesting,  but way too much was going on for something that was 2 hours long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alec Baldwin accidentally killed someone on set 😬 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thoroughly enjoyed Dune. I thought it was very true to the book and really captured what the world looked like in my mind. Can’t wait for part 2!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Alec Baldwin accidentally killed someone on set 😬 

 

 

Seems there were all kinds of budget and safety concerns on set…there was also a mass walkout and some non-union replacements thrown into the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marqhead said:

I thoroughly enjoyed Dune. I thought it was very true to the book and really captured what the world looked like in my mind. Can’t wait for part 2!

Watching it in two hours…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2021 at 7:56 AM, Kyyle23 said:

Alec Baldwin accidentally killed someone on set 😬 

 

 

Yikes

 

 

 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set

 

Safety protocols standard in the industry, including gun inspections, were not strictly followed on the “Rust” set near Santa Fe, the sources said. They said at least one of the camera operators complained last weekend to production managers about gun safety on the set.

 

Three crew members who were present at the Bonanza Creek Ranch set that day said they were particularly concerned about two accidental prop gun discharges on Saturda

 

Baldwin’s stunt-double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks, one of crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Time

 

“There should have been an investigation into what happened,” said the crew member. “There were no safety meetings. There was no assurance that it wouldn’t happen again. All they wanted to do was rush, rush, rush

 

A colleague was so alarmed by the prop gun misfires he sent a text message to the unit production manager. “We’ve now had 3 accidental discharges. This is super unsafe,” according to a copy of the message reviewed by the Times. .”s.y.e Times.

Edited by StrangeSox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Yikes

 

 

 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set

 

Safety protocols standard in the industry, including gun inspections, were not strictly followed on the “Rust” set near Santa Fe, the sources said. They said at least one of the camera operators complained last weekend to production managers about gun safety on the set.

 

Three crew members who were present at the Bonanza Creek Ranch set that day said they were particularly concerned about two accidental prop gun discharges on Saturda

 

Baldwin’s stunt-double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks, one of crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Time

 

“There should have been an investigation into what happened,” said the crew member. “There were no safety meetings. There was no assurance that it wouldn’t happen again. All they wanted to do was rush, rush, rush

 

A colleague was so alarmed by the prop gun misfires he sent a text message to the unit production manager. “We’ve now had 3 accidental discharges. This is super unsafe,” according to a copy of the message reviewed by the Times. .”s.y.e Times.

Holy shit that’s bad.  Like someone is going to do some time for such negligence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite part is the Loonosphere is already trying to say that the person shot was somehow connected to HIllary Clinton.  I am not joking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2021 at 9:03 PM, Marqhead said:

I thoroughly enjoyed Dune. I thought it was very true to the book and really captured what the world looked like in my mind. Can’t wait for part 2!

I read part 2 is only a maybe. Pretty surprising because that ending is really weak for a stand a lone. I guess they were concerned about it because of how the 80s version did.

I personally liked it and hope the y do a 2nd one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

I read part 2 is only a maybe. Pretty surprising because that ending is really weak for a stand a lone. I guess they were concerned about it because of how the 80s version did.

I personally liked it and hope the y do a 2nd one.

"Will we have a sequel to Dune?  If you watch the movie and see how it ends, I think you pretty much know the answer to that." -Ann Sarnoff, WB Media Chair/CEO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BigSqwert said:

2nd Dune movie was confirmed today.

HEY MAN!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, knightni said:

HEY MAN!

 

*waves hello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eternals is officially a disaster, even moreso since politics means it can’t play in a number of countries.

Too many characters to introduce, not enough emotional investment.

Not funny enough when it tries to be light-hearted.

I like Gemma Chan was well as K.Nanjiani, but they can’t carry this type of film very well.

Too much jumping around in history, it wants to be more profound on a philosophical/political level but stumbles there as well.

Then two GoT actors reunited felt oddly discordant as well.   Discordant.   Wrong tones….looking at Chloe Zhao’s previous indie work and visual style, this was always a bit of a strange fit with a Marvel film.  And I could have cared less about the Deviants and why they showed up except to justify the CGI/special effects budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Eternals is officially a disaster, even moreso since politics means it can’t play in a number of countries.

Too many characters to introduce, not enough emotional investment.

Not funny enough when it tries to be light-hearted.

I like Gemma Chan was well as K.Nanjiani, but they can’t carry this type of film very well.

Too much jumping around in history, it wants to be more profound on a philosophical/political level but stumbles there as well.

Then two GoT actors reunited felt oddly discordant as well.   Discordant.   Wrong tones….looking at Chloe Zhao’s previous indie work and visual style, this was always a bit of a strange fit with a Marvel film.  And I could have cared less about the Deviants and why they showed up except to justify the CGI/special effects budget.

I actually liked it, but it’s definitely a long, slow burn movie that won’t resonate with everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ghostbusters was harmless, fan-servicy fun....and I had no problem with it. 

Wasn't the greatest, wasn't the worst. Had some laughs, the ending pretty much worked for me too. 

Way better than the 2016 version, and I'm glad it didn't take itself too seriously. 

I enjoyed it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×