**Movies that we Watch** Thread

Brian

Out of the nominated movies, "A Star is Born" got shafted all season.

Bradley Cooper was best actor but was behind two impressionists all tour. Dude learned dialect, to play guitar, to sings, and showed a greater range of emotions in that movie. Really a shame because as time goes on, that movie will be remembered more than the others.

On 2/25/2019 at 2:59 PM, knightni said:

Bohemian Rhapsody was pretty solid. 

I've always been a Queen fan, so this was a musical treat for me.

It sticks with you. (4 out of 5 stars)

I really enjoyed it, too.  As a huge Queen fan myself, I loved the music.  Rami Malek did an outstanding job re-enacting everything for the live performances.  I know there were some inaccuracies in the story, but it was a very good movie.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:11 AM, hogan873 said:

I really enjoyed it, too.  As a huge Queen fan myself, I loved the music.  Rami Malek did an outstanding job re-enacting everything for the live performances.  I know there were some inaccuracies in the story, but it was a very good movie.

Mike Myers with the forced-in cameo.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:35 AM, bmags said:

I just learned about the Kanopy app. Really thrilled with this. Was getting very frustrated at the lack of streaming options for older/foreign movies.

this allowed me to watch the hong kong flick "City on Fire" and it was really good and I'm pleased with this app.

10 minutes ago, Brian said:

Think the 22nd in the US

I can guarantee that movie never comes to China.

Escape Room and some of the Conjuring movies is as close as we get....mostly South Korean, Thai and Indonesian horror flicks.  Completely underserved/underdeveloped genre here.

More action movies...a rare romantic comedy like La La Land, Green Book is surprising here....Warcraft, Pacific Rim and Alita have each posted far bigger numbers here than in the States.  Venom outperformed Aquaman.  How to Train Your Dragon and LEGO Movie 2 are disappointing.

Captain Marvel at $100 million today...”The Wandering Earth” sci fi disaster film at $686 million since February 5th.  I think it should be on a Netflix soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 9:13 PM, Kalapse said:

John Wick 3 is so damn good. It knows exactly what it is and delivers on all fronts, they could easily have doubled the shlock and have been just fine. 

Just saw it.  Great.  All the fight scenes are top notch but the first three fight scenes to start the movie were really awesome (library/book fight, knives room fight, and horse stable fight).  They also set up #4 nicely, albeit a bit obvious.  The whole walking through the desert to meet the grandmaster was really cheesy though.

Amazing how Keanu is making millions doing the same movie over and over and he’s barely had 100 words of dialogue.

I also saw a preview for the new Joker movie starring Joaquin Phoenix coming out in October and it looked creepy as hell.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

• 5 weeks later...

Went to see "Yesterday." Not the greatest movie. I'd give it 2.5 stars out of 4 and that's with me in a generous mood and the fact looking at Lily James for 2 hours is very pleasant. I'd say 2 to 2.5 stars for the movie. I enjoyed the acting of the lead Patel as well. He was OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Excited for "Once Upon A Time in Hollywood" so I complied my Quentin Tarantino Power Rankings because I'm sure everyone here is curious. :P

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Inglorious Basterds

3. Kill Bill Vol 2

4. Reservoir Dogs

5. Kill Bill Vol 1

6. Jackie Brown

7. Death Proof*

8. Django Unchained

9. Hateful Eight

I included Death Proof even if he doesn't count it as a stand alone for him. Hope OUATIH makes my Top 5.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:52 AM, Brian said:

Out of the nominated movies, "A Star is Born" got shafted all season.

Bradley Cooper was best actor but was behind two impressionists all tour. Dude learned dialect, to play guitar, to sings, and showed a greater range of emotions in that movie. Really a shame because as time goes on, that movie will be remembered more than the others.

U think it's because it's been remade so many times? Wasn't that No. 3 A Star is Born? I respect your take on Cooper's talent.

• Brian changed the title to **Movies that we Watch** Thread