2019 Celebrity Death Thread

LittleHurt05

Mean Gene first came into my consciousness in the mid-80s, so he was in his early 40s. I don't know any 42 year old who looks like 1984 Gene Okerland. Anyway, Mean Gene was one of the people who separated WWF from its competitors. He was a great foil to his wrestling counterparts in interviews. I don't really follow wrestling anymore, but I doubt whoever they have doing his job is doing anything but a pale comparison to Mean Gene.

My best friend growing up loved Super Dave. I only had basic cable, so the Super Dave show wasn't really on my radar. I knew of Super Dave from Letterman or talking to Brandmeier on the radio show. He was a great guest. I've heard him on a few podcasts and other late night shows, too. I'd recommend trying to find his appearances. He was a little like Norm MacDonald or Bill Murray as a guest. You never knew what he'd say, but it would likely be weird and funny.

Both will be missed.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Coppock on Sports in the late 80s on WMAQ featuring "Dangerous"  Dan McNeil was, IMO, the greatest sports talk show of all time. Heavy on guests, like on meathead callers.  I actually went to a thing a library was sponsoring last year when his book came out, and he spoke for a couple of hours. He was a lot of fun. Corny as hell,, but I like corny.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...