White Sox sign RP Randall Delgado and INF DJ Peterson to MiLB deals?

ChiliIrishHammock24

Two different random people tweeted it, and both of their Wikipedia pages have been edited to reflect this. No idea why anyone would even both to tweet this in to the wind as a joke, but here is....something I guess.

One of them writes for MLBDailyDish, and is followed by Chris Cotillo.

The other writes on a Braves blog, and is followed by 2080 baseball.

Delgado was very very good in 2017, but then hurt and awful in 11 MLB innings in 2018. His velo was down 3 MPH I read.  Still only turning 29 next month and was a very highly touted pitcher for a while.

DJ Peterson was with the Knights in 2017, then played for the Reds in 2018. Peterson actually had a pretty decent stint in 25 games with the Knights in 2017, outside of an awful .198 batting average. In 2018 his AVG jumped to .277, but his power, BB%, and K% all regressed back to pre-2017 days. He just turned 27 a few days ago. 

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Delgado was very very good in 2017, but then hurt and awful in 11 MLB innings in 2018. His velo was down 3 MPH I read.  Still only turning 29 next month and was a very highly touted pitcher for a while.

DJ Peterson was with the Knights in 2017, then played for the Reds in 2018. Peterson actually had a pretty decent stint in 25 games with the Knights in 2017, outside of an awful .198 batting average. In 2018 his AVG jumped to .277, but his power, BB%, and K% all regressed back to pre-2017 days. He just turned 27 a few days ago. 

Maybe the reign of Casey Gillaspie has reached it's end.

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Both should be solid depth pieces that hopefully I never have to see play a game.

Could certainly do worse than Delgado.  Appeared in the big every season since 2011. Still just 28.  One season removed from a solid performance over 63 IP.  Not a bad piece to have around.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Could certainly do worse than Delgado.  Appeared in the big every season since 2011. Still just 28.  One season removed from a solid performance over 63 IP.  Not a bad piece to have around.  

Yeah, Delgado excites me if his dip in velo was just because he was dealing with injuries in 2018. The dude was great in 2017.