Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No doubt and honestly I was just fucking around, but I do think there is a case for pursuing both if you can land them for about $75M/year.  With our new TV deal, that could give us a good $100M to work with to fill out the rest of the roster and potentially even more.

TV deal dollars won't kick in until next season, just FYI.

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Agreed. 

I think that if they got Machado, Keuchel(who is a Buehrle type at this point of his career) and Pollock, with some improvement by Rodon, Lopez and Giolito that is a contender in 2019. 

Quite the departure from your usual negative takes. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

True, I’m still operating under the assumption we won’t add much outside of the whales this year though and I still think we could squeeze both in right now.

I have always thought that if we add one of the superstars, then we probably dip into the Tier B and Tier C guys a bit more.  I see a near zero chance that we add both superstars.  In the case of Machado, I think we add another SP and maybe another OF.  If it is Harper, we look for a 3B and an SP for sure.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

TV deal dollars won't kick in until next season, just FYI.

Just in time to sign Arenado next winter. 3B Arenado SS Machado 2B Moncada 1B Machado's brother in law C Anderson. Its all of SoxTalk's best infield ideas rolled up into one compact ball of poo waiting for the next dung beetle to stroll by and roll it away. 

• Love 2

Is there anywhere on the Internet where fans from all teams have threads updating nonstop discussing all this stuff.  Like the way we are right now sniffing ever twitter, but not just Sox fans.   The espn boards would be awesome now in the Twitter age. Anybody know anywhere?

Just now, Jerksticks said:

Is there anywhere on the Internet where fans from all teams have threads updating nonstop discussing all this stuff.  Like the way we are right now sniffing ever twitter, but not just Sox fans.   The espn boards would be awesome now in the Twitter age. Anybody know anywhere?

r/baseball

• Love 1

1 minute ago, BlackSox13 said:

Just in time to sign Arenado next winter. 3B Arenado SS Machado 2B Moncada 1B Machado's brother in law C Anderson. Its all of SoxTalk's best infield ideas rolled up into one compact ball of poo waiting for the next dung beetle to stroll by and roll it away. 

Can somebody photoshop Anderson with catching gear on, maybe holding his mask with a backwards helmet?  Banner update

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

MLBTradeRumors, but it’s a complete wasteland where you’ll be called a homo or retard if you disagree with anyone.  So basically it’s the equivalent of YouTube’s comments section.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have always thought that if we add one of the superstars, then we probably dip into the Tier B and Tier C guys a bit more.  I see a near zero chance that we add both superstars.  In the case of Machado, I think we add another SP and maybe another OF.  If it is Harper, we look for a 3B and an SP for sure.

Manny/Gio/Adam Jones vs Harper/Gio/Dozier (Yoan goes to 3rd)

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have thought the same. If they fail to land one, I would assume another tank year. If they get one, full steam ahead toward contention. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres