Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think he ultimately signs for between 7-8 years and $240M-$260M. I would be surprised if he got to $300M at this point 

I could see a 7 year deal with options after.  Maybe potential 10 year total at $320M or so.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And I think they know this.  I don’t think they’d be in this thing if they weren’t prepared to go at least 10/$300M if need be.

The Sox need to step up and get it done. Don't need to lose Machado over trying to outsmart the other teams.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

The Sox need to step up and get it done. Don't need to lose Machado over trying to outsmart the other teams.

Yea there’s no indication they are farting around or trying to get cute with it.  The White Sox FO knows exactly what the White Sox are.  I’m sure the guns are drawn and blazing

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

The Sox need to step up and get it done. Don't need to lose Machado over trying to outsmart the other teams

100% 

We need to take this. The Yanks and Phillies are not gonna give this to us. Offer as much as you possibly go, if he doesnt take it you leave it on the table and walk away. He needs to know we arent playing games and he is truly the guy we want to lead us to greatness.

3 minutes ago, Saufley said:

100% agree.  I understand you don’t want to bid against yourself, but there is a premium we should be willing to pay to wrap this thing up.  Maybe it’s not time for that just yet, but we have to be prepared for that moment where we say “what does it take to get this shit done”.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Also don’t need to spend $75-$100M more the the next highest bidder. 

The problem is we’ll never know for sure what other teams are bidding.  Sometimes for something very strategic, you have to be willing to pay what the asset (or player) is worth to you and not worry how it would be valued on the open market.

• Like 3

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres